Looking for a small dog breed to keep me company! :) Which breed for me?

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by WildYoungThing, May 7, 2011.

1. DenisaC

DenisaC New Member

Name:
    Denisa
    I think you have to start with a puppy(3-4month old) with a pedigree. it is good to have it when it comes to health. A reputable pedigree breeder on the other hand will have health tested both the dam and the sire. He/She will be like your baby and you will be like his/her mom/dad for him/her. it will be a strong connection between you two.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. katilea

katilea New Member

Name:
    Kate
    I hAd Inca from 4 months and she was toilet trained then, but she was a bigger breed so not as tiny at that age to get under my wheels. she probably was about size of full size miniature poodle then. Inca is BC x whippet x lab and 23" at shoulder at full height.
  4. Northernsoulgirl

Northernsoulgirl New Member

Name:
    Gill
    For a small breed I don't think you can go wrong with Cairn Terriers - I'm sure there a few in rescues too. They are friendly, happy spunky little terriers, up for anything you can throw at them but just as happy sitting by your feet or on your lap. I miss my little guy.
  5. TracyKNixon

TracyKNixon New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    My chihuahua is the best company ever - she is a pure lapdog and follows me like my shadow x
  6. muddymoodymoo

muddymoodymoo New Member

Name:
    muddymoodymoo
    I meet a few joggers with beagles, working cockers and border terriers. Is that the size you were looking for? If smaller - then miniature pinschers or schnauzers?

Good luck in your search and please let us know what you get.
  7. muddymoodymoo

muddymoodymoo New Member

Name:
    muddymoodymoo
    Oops, didn't realised that somebody resurrected an ancient thread.
  8. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    Nor me! I was just about to say I was tempted to offer her mine! 8)