Lost, strayed... or dumped? General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Lost, strayed... or dumped?

There were four puppies, about eight-weeks-old if that, looked like GSDs, trotting around outside the macolet yesterday morning when I went over there, exploring somewhere they had obviously never seen before, going up to everyone with wagging tails and expectant looks on their faces - and nobody knew who they belonged to. There might have been more although I only saw four and it was worrying because of cars coming and going, people trying to shoo them away when they tried to go into the macolet...

Someone said to telephone the Moatzar [Local Authority] but I do not know whether they did or not, and I did not see the dog-catchers' van turn up at any time during the day.

I have just been over there again and no sign of the puppies, so can only hope that the dog-catchers did turn up when maybe I was not watching, although there was a police can parked opposite my bungalow for quite a while during the afternoon, so maybe they took them? I honestly cannot think that anybody would have bothered to put them in their own car and take them to the pound at the Moatzar, which is quite a distance away. I asked Hai if he knew what had happened but he said that he was alone in the macolet so had not had time to go out and check.

And now I am worried for the poor little puppies as they must have been dumped - I mean you cannot just "lose" four puppies and they definitely did not belong to anyone living near the macolet otherwise people would have known.

I hate people that just dump unwanted dogs and puppies. I had that when I got Lexi from people who lived just up the road from where I was living at the time - two days later all the rest of her litter-mates just disappeared. I do not know what happened to the rest of Pereg's litter-mates [or her mother] that were at the shelter in town, but I do know that it was only a temporary shelter and they could only keep a few dogs at a time. Then Baby Ziva was "lost" by the woman she came from who was looking after her because I had an emergency hospital admission - and her litter-mates also disappeared.

And no doubt the same thing happened to the rest of Tikva's litter-mates when I was told to go and collect her at barely three-weeks-old - that unspoken "or else" still haunts me, as does the thought of what happened to all the other puppies.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Unfortunately, people don't seem to have any thought about anyone or anything anymore. Perhaps the police took them, Juli. They are the right breed for police dog training and the right temperament if they were so friendly
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I hope the police did take them Chris. There is a police dog handler/trainer who lives on the Moshav - I am not sure where but it must be in the area past the little side road where the macolet is because I sometimes see his dog van going that way. But his van is a special dog one with separate kennel sections and the police van that was parked across from me was just a regular van.

It is normally adult dogs or older puppies that are dumped here, never young ones like this though, and it upset me seeing them.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Perhaps they had escaped from a yard and were claimed. I do hope so, it is painful to think of the alternatives.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    As far as I know there are no dog breeders on the Moshav, and nobody who was outside the macolet yesterday when the puppies were trotting around had any idea of where they could have come from. Escaped from a yard? Where? Nobody has enclosed yards unless they have chicken/egg farms or dairy barns at the back of their homes.

And how come all the puppies were together?

Too much thinking will not help. I nearly went over there after Tikki went into her crate last night but what could I have done even if I had seen them - at gone midnight?
  7. Old

Old Member

Name:
    Don
    You are a good person.