Malone the brown Photos

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by mjfromga, Oct 11, 2019.

1. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ

Malone the brown

Puppy today....

He is growing some bits of lighter, longer hair on the top of his head and on the lower parts of his legs. It's cute. He's still extremely bad, but I am still trying to soldier on.

Never seen a dog who if he isn't locked in his crate... NEVER lays down. My mother insists that he has mental problems. She says he is an ADHD puppy and thinks he needs medication.

Who knows? She may be right. He literally never ever lays down or stops running all over UNLESS he is crated. It can be 8 hours... And he doesn't ever lay down. I've never seen anything like it.

1011191254a.jpg 1011191254b.jpg 1011191257b.jpg 1011191257c~2.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    He's young and he's fit :)
  4. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    He is hyper. It takes forever to tire him out. He runs all over the place all day. Everyone is honestly sick of him... There is no peace when he isn't crated. It is constantly...

MALONE - put that down!!
    MALONE - stop running all over!!!
    OW MALONE THAT HURTS!!!
    MALONE - don't go over there!
    MALONE - calm down!!
    MALONE - STOPPPP!!!
    MALONE - leave him alone!!
    MALONE - SIT!!!!
    MALONE - Get down!!!
    MALONE - drop it!!

Finally when I have gotten exhausted... I will take him outside to run or crate him for quiet time. He is okay in a crate... But if he is truly still hyper... He will yap for a while before he settles down.

He won't potty in his crate. He does occasionally begin to pee at the front door before I open it... Otherwise he doesn't potty in the house.

He has very good recall. I let him run around just like Nigredo and he doesn't leave the yard and he comes when called. He knows basic commands, sit, stay, lay down, drop it etc.

He is a little timid around crowds of people at first... But warms up quickly. Baby strollers terrify him though. He likes other dogs, but he doesn't play gently so I don't take him around many other dogs. Dog parks are a no no until he is older and bigger.

He is defensive at home. He barks if he sees someone on the porch. He is not aggressive though. Barks with his tail down and just stands there. He hasn't hit puberty yet. Still growing in a few baby teeth and still a PUPPY look to him. Ah... I'm just waiting for the day when he calms down.

My mother got tired of puppy sitting him while I worked (she worked 8am to 2pm) and refused to deal with him anymore. She will gladly look after Nigredo though. Malone just drives her nuts. I understand it.

I quit my job to care for him. I'm currently searching for a night shift job (I was working 3pm -11pm) so he can be put to sleep when I am not there.

He really has thrown off our entire lives... But we are trying the hardest to give him the exercise and stimulation that he needs. I have more time to train and bond with him now at least... Hopefully I will find a different job soon that suits us.

He has a thousand toys that he loves. He has filled bones and I also have plenty of treats. He's not a BAD dog, he's just a very hyper puppy
  5. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    He also pushes the bottom out of his crate EVERY day... I really want it in there just in case he has an accident and because he does eat in there... But he KEEPS pushing it out.

I bought him a dog bed to go in his crate... But he instantly tries to pick it up and play with it... So I removed it. It isn't a toy so he cannot have it if he is just going to destroy it.

I feed him Victor Hi Pro Plus. It is for high energy dogs and puppies. He is definitely BOTH and I have always liked Victor. He is doing great health wise... But I am wondering if maybe he has too much energy due in part to the food.

Attached Files:

6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    You are feeding him 30% protein with that food. That type of level is for dogs that work all day and can run the excess energy off. Try something with protein levels in the low 20s and you may see quite a difference in a few weeks
  7. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    It's puppy food. My previous vet said it is great to feed him... But then again my previous vet was monumentally incompetent and I don't even go there anymore.

I had him on Taste of the Wild pacific stream... But the fishy smell came though his skin and he STUNK like fish 24/7. Took me ages to realize what was causing it.

I was going to scale him down to the Victor High Energy formula for his next bag... But maybe I will pick a different formula. I want to keep him on Victor, but I will look around and find a lower protein formula.
  8. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    His teeth are still half baby teeth. The ones in the front are big boy teeth... But the canines and some of the top teeth are still baby teeth. Slowly but surely. 1012191520b~2.jpg