My dog peed on the foot of my bed : -( General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by who owns who, Jan 30, 2019.

1. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc

My dog peed on the foot of my bed : -(

I have a mattress that was leaning against the wall in my living room. I dragged it downstairs weeks ago when rain was bucketing down and my roof leaked. It’s still downstairs as it’s too heavy to get back up the stairs by myself. I work 10 hours and have had no problems with the dogs having accidents although they are very ready to go out when I get home. Anyhow, Monday night when I got home I guess when they heard me pull in the driveway Bandit must have jumped on Katie Mae and the dam broke. She peed on the floor and it soaked up into the mattress a bit. I could tell it had just happened. I had some enzymatic stain and odor remover, so I used some of that, but wasn’t pleased with the outcome. Yesterday I bought this FAD4DFE9-79DA-43F0-BF39-4CE369C3D187.jpeg and a 250 watt heat lamp. I poured it on and have the heat lamp and a fan blowing it around as well as the woodstove going. It needs to dry out in between applications. It already smells some better but I’m planning on multiple applications over days. The mattress is not even 3 years old and is the type that every 3 months you turn it so the end your head is at becomes the end where your feet go... not sure I’ll ever want my head on that end again... Anyone have any experience with this or a similar product. You can stop laughing at me know too
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I have "EcoDiscoveries, Pet Deodorizer & Stain Remover" which I bought from iHerb in the US. It comes with an empty spray bottle, you fill with ~32 fl oz of water, add the little 2 oz bottle of concentrated solution and just spray it lightly on any stains. Leave for a few moments then rub with a dry cloth [old towels come in useful!]. Refill bottles of concentrate can be bought in packs of two. It even cleaned the black coffee I spilled all over my basically beige carpet.

I wish I had known about it before I lost Pereg, as she always lost bladder control when she had a seizure - sometimes also bowel control - and even expressed her anal glands at times.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I have just half a bottle remaining of Urine you're OUT, (which is a US product). QVC used to sell it, but I don't think there is a UK distributor any longer. A strange coincidence - I was talking to a Beagle person about this product just ten minutes ago! I told her to Google, Urine Smell Remover, as Amazon appear to do a very similar product.
  5. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    It’s working pretty good!! Found a spot underneath that still smelled so I’ve just sprayed that. Will let it set 10 minutes and put heat lamp and fan back on. I’ve had the end propped up so air and heat would dry it but I’d just splashed it underneath earlier, this time I soaked it with a spray bottle. Will keep repeating for a few days though, just to make sure
  6. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Just what you want to be doing after a 10 hour shift ! !
    Nothing useful to add, sorry
    How is your new regime going, do you get some free time at the weekend ?
  7. Brunniebabe

Brunniebabe New Member

Name:
    Gail
    @who owns who I hope it drys out ok for you...as I couldn't help you either on this one.:)
  8. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I was so bummed to come home to that..I’m quite relieved that the odor is gone, at least my human nose can’t smell it anymore... I will repeat the treatment a few more times just to make sure. I work 3 days, one day off and work another day and 2 days off. We are all more or less settled into the new routine. It is exhausting though. By the time I’ve walked the dogs and made and eaten dinner I’m ready to collapse into bed. The dogs like to jump up for a few minutes of pets which is nice. I have a blanket that I keep on the bed just for them, once they are done I take it off.
  9. Brunniebabe

Brunniebabe New Member

Name:
    Gail
    Well I am pleased for you the smells finally gone and by what you do, it was the least thing you needed to handle :)