My dogs broke out last night General Chat

Discussion in 'Akita' started by who owns who, Oct 18, 2018.

1. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I have felt judged by people here many times, so I understand how you feel there. I guess everyone is different in what they like and expect from their dogs. I will just leave it there. As many dogs on my property that aren't mine, I'm glad my dog doesn't run off after them because eventually something bad would happen to him because he would be running dogs off A LOT.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I’ve a few more thoughts

The road the dogs ran up splits my property. House is on one side with fence, workshop and garden on other side, fenced, so where they broke out from is well within my property.

I almost never have a stray dog wondering around my place these days. Neighbor with wolf dogs is gone and other neighbor keeps the dogs she has now at home.

If the dog hadn’t wandered up the driveway and maybe 5-10 feet from the gate my dogs wouldn’t have broken out, at least not that night.

I have seen a different neighbors dog awhile back walk up, once. It was on the road, not my driveway. Bandit jumped on the fence and barked and ran the fence line and jumped up on it again. The fence is probably 30 feet from the road, up a steep hill. He wasn’t pleased. I texted them. They were very apologetic and I haven’t seen it again. They have 2 male Rhodesian ridgebacks, a 5 year old and a puppy about 10 months old.

There are only 2 houses past me, what I call a road is more of a shared driveway.

This is not an area you would see other dogs. There are not a lot of houses. I don’t see my neighbors houses, just trees.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    Accidents happen, Marc. You can't put right what's already passed, but they help you to recognise a problem and take steps to put it right, as you have done.

One to chalk up to experience and at least you now know that your dogs know where to return to if ever another accident happens which, hopefully, it won't