My pup's breed ID this breed/mix

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Duracell, Jul 1, 2008.

1. lovezois

lovezois Fondly remembered

Name:
    Eunice
    I see Jack Russell and Collie, but like Nippy I don't profess to be an expert, but he is cute whatever .
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. eloquence

eloquence New Member

Name:
    mel
    i think their is a jack in there somewhere!!

But whatever he is - he's gorgeous! x
  4. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    Bless you, thank you for taking the time to look up my little girl and for your lovely comments :grin: [ Thank you also to Random for making the connection to my littl`un :grin: ]

T`Akaya is indeed JRT x BC and I thought some comparison pics might clear it up as to your handsome Ringo`s most likely cross which I would be surprised if he is`nt the same crossing as my littl`un :grin:

T`Akaya was almost completely smooth coated including her tail when I adopted her at 5 months of age, this was how she looked then

[​IMG]

Then she started sprouting britches and the start of tail feathering

[​IMG]

She does vary her ear carriage a great deal, sometimes pricked, sometimes floppy, and sometimes more tipped like Ringo`s. The build in her case, [ and Ringo`s I think ], is collie type body length perched on little JRT legs though more like Parsons Russell type length if you see what I mean, due to the Collie influence giving a touch more length / proportion, and tail length proportion is JRT but T`Akaya has collie feathering which forms a fan as its not a full collie tail so not fully BC feathered all over.
    Both of them look to have the same general tail set and similar carriage on the whole. If you look at their leg length and angulation they are pretty much identical, very JRT in general formation but with the proportions as mentioned. Their heads from some angles look too big for their bodies as though it`s lack of leg length making them look slightly disproportionate but from most other angles they look just right for the rest of their build. Can`t really tell off just a couple of pics of Ringo but would that be fair assessment to you as the one who see him in the flesh ?

As near as comparison angle as I`ve got to hand, T`Akaya

[​IMG]

Ringo
    [​IMG]

Ringo looks like he will probably remain smooth coated but as he is`nt full grown yet you won`t know for sure until he matures more so I`m not going to suggest a categorical smooth coat, my T`Akaya did`nt really get her longer coat and feathering until she was around a year old, [ she is now 17/18months old ].

I would say there is a pretty conclusive match, at least as much as it can be surmised with unconfirmed crossing.

This is how she looks as a full grown adult trying to look ladylike - a rare occurrence :lol: but very JRT predominant in overall look

[​IMG]

And to finish, a gratuitous tail shot :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

Apologies for so many photo`s on your lads picture thread but I just wanted to try to give you a decent representation for comparison especially as your lad still has a few months of maturing and final build settling to do. Aside from T`Akaya having more BC coat influence I would hazard to say on build Ringo will be as near a match as he could be, [ taking gender differences of build and muscle into account of course ] :grin:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2008
  5. Duracell

Duracell New Member

Name:
    James
    Wow!

Thanks, I've never met someone so helpful on a forum! This post doesn't really do your long post justice, but thanks a lot, I didn't really think the look of a dog could change so much from being a puppy to growing up into an adult, thanks for the pics too, I'll be sure to post back in the months to come to show you what he's turned out like!

6. Leema

Leema New Member

Name:
    Tegan
    Jack Russel x something with a softer/thicker coat - Perhaps cav? Pap?
  7. Duracell

Duracell New Member

Name:
    James
    Thanks for all your responses, Jack Russell x with a collie seems to be the resounding answer and coincides with what our vet and friends have said!

:)