Names for a Leo - any suggestions? Which breed for me?

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by pxxuk, Aug 18, 2006.

1. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    just looked at the pics.
    the pups are very leo looking, if anything i would think a gsd. this is usual dogs people cross leo's with, they seem to think leo's are guard dog and they are far from it.
    the snout looks longer than leo's to me but its hard to tell with the mask's.maybe it will take a while for the little 1's to grow to show the frame.
    mum's a light red leo a bit like holly in colour, but she is small in length.the pups fur is usually darker tipped so this again at their age is a sign they will be light reds in colour.
    usually the length is 9/10 of the height or supposed to be, she has a good frame though just small in length.
    i will up load a pic and post it which do you want on dogsey?

http://www.dogsey.com/dog-articles.php?t=13782
    you might find this helps a bit when you get honey home.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2006
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. pxxuk

pxxuk New Member

Name:
    Paula
    GSD? Mum was smaller than I was expecting to be honest but still a size. I am happy with her, she is lovely and very placid. She is one of the mid sized dogs, some were quite a bit bigger than her and there were a few that were a lot smaller but I guess they grow at different rates according to their own spurts.

I have just figured out Photobucket so will have a go here...

[​IMG]
  4. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    yep thats it.........
    if any of the litter are boys they are bigger than the girls and do grow faster.
    either way as long as your happy thats all that counts.
    i would treat her as a 100% leo for food exercise etc to be on the safe side.
    she will grow to what ever she will be but at least you have taken into account the growth and bone structure for the ? bigger dog.
    if she folows the leo weight gain most gain approx 1.5 to 2.5 kgs a week some times more in spurts.
  5. Amie

Amie New Member

Name:
    Vicki
    What a sweet heart:smt007 Now you know how to post pictures we want loadssssssssssssss:grin:
  6. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    Oh she is adorable. I agree with Amie. Loads of pics please. When do you get her home? I'll bet you are so excited:grin:
  7. Lynn

Lynn Member

Name:
    Lynn
    They are so cute,bet you are looking forward to getting that fluffy bundle home.:grin:
  8. pxxuk

pxxuk New Member

Name:
    Paula
    Yes, it was a very difficult decision because they were all so georgous! I had choice of 3 and she sort of picked me which was nice, between playing with her sister that is!

Sooner than expected, NEXT SATURDAY!!!! :shock: I am off out tomorrow to buy some more doggy supplies :grin: I wrapped her in a towel so that Snoop can get used to her smell. Bless him, when I came home last night he was looking for her, he thought I had hidden her somewhere here!! Dopey herbert :lol:

I think there are 13 pics all together, did you look at them all?
  9. leospride

leospride New Member

Name:
    Dee
    Hi pxxuk
    I think the leo pictures are lovely. She looks every inch a leo doesn't she. Her mum looks a fair size too :)

Don't forget with a large breed you need to change them from puppy food to junior/adult from around 6 - 8 months old as puppy food is very high in protein, too much for a fast growing dog :)
  10. hectorsmum

hectorsmum New Member

Name:
    julie
    well she looks all leo to me.

could the rescue just think that leo's are crosses anyway, cause most people do.
    plenty of pics please as we all need our puppy fix as they dont stay that cute for long!!
  11. lovezois

lovezois Fondly remembered

Name:
    Eunice
    Absolutely gorgeous puppy. I wish her a long and happy life . Treasure her puppyhood they grow up so quickly.
    More piccies soon pleeze......
  12. patterlad

patterlad New Member

Name:
    Steve Rogers
    I was going to say if its a male i would call it Sayer after Leo Sayer.:lol:
  13. jenjen08

jenjen08 New Member

Name:
    jen
    hi, my dog is a leo and her name is sadie!
  14. pxxuk

pxxuk New Member

Name:
    Paula
    Thank you all, yes, she is adorable and Snoop loves her to bits already, awww :lol:

She is growing fast... last week she was 6kg. I have some more photos to post but will add to the collection later on for you all to see...

Keep the hints and tips coming, I certainly need them... I forgot how hard it is sometimes when you have a pup!

PS No, I didnt know I had to get her onto adult food at 6-8 months so thank you for that! I thought it was 12-18 months.
  15. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    Dying for some pics. Please post some for us to drool over
  16. Dudley

Dudley New Member

Name:
    H
    Hi Leopride...I agree with you on this! 12 to 18 months is too long for a Leonberger puppy to be on Puppy food.

And Pxxck your puppy is sooooo cute :) and lovely pictures The dam looks fit and healthy and every inch a pretty Leonberger!!
    Good look with your new arrival
  17. pxxuk

pxxuk New Member

Name:
    Paula
    Aww, thank you muchly, we are doing ok so far! Just need to sort the biting and jumping up out before it gets too late!!
  18. leospride

leospride New Member

Name:
    Dee
    :mrgreen: puppies are great aren't they :lol:
  19. pxxuk

pxxuk New Member

Name:
    Paula
    :mrgreen: She is my ever growing ball of fur
  20. heidi32sweets

heidi32sweets New Member

Name:
    heidi
    harley is my leo's name . big ,strong and sometimes noisey.
  21. amandas-jacks

amandas-jacks

Name:
    Amanda
    i would pick mia-honey-kia-tia-tara