Need Advice, a great running companion Which breed for me?

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by SunshineKB, May 4, 2013.

1. SunshineKB

SunshineKB New Member

Name:
    Kristin
    Kanie!!!!

Your suggestion of the Irish Terrier caused me to take another look at them and my whole family is smitten with them now! LOL :) I think it's winning over the windhounds with what we want the most. Seriously though, thank you!!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Kanie

Kanie New Member

Name:
    Margaret
    :mrgreen: Glad to hear it! Just make sure you do your research. All the US dogs that have come over here have had lovely natures. The US dogs I have met have been Trackways, Snowtaires and Fennway.

I have a friend over here who does caniX with her Irish and he loves it.

Hopefully we will see some puppy pictures one day.........or do consider a rescue too!
  4. SunshineKB

SunshineKB New Member

Name:
    Kristin
    To say I have been doing research is an understatement lol. I am trying so carefully to find the right fit for our family. There have been several breeds I love the look of but are clearly NOT right for us!

I still love the Vizslas, Whippets, and now Irish Terriers and also wire fox terriers.

I am definitely considering a rescue when the time comes, now that I have done so much research on all these breed types, if I found a certain mix...I would have enough knowledge to know what questions to ask and what to look for :)
  5. Kanie

Kanie New Member

Name:
    Margaret
    :grin: A fine shortlist - all breeds I love!