Need Advice Questions

Discussion in 'Shar Pei' started by Shar-Pei MoM, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Shar-Pei MoM

Shar-Pei MoM New Member

Name:
    Max

Need Advice

Hi. We have welcomed Max, a 10 week old Shar Pei to our family. We have had him a little over a week, and have already fell in love with him! He is so smart and affectionate! Yesterday morning he started to kind of cough a little and gag..I noticed a little bit of ??maybe phlegm on the rug. I have noticed that he coughs and gags a few times a day. No fever. Is this something that is normal? The breeder we got him from said that it wAs normal for him to throw up a little white foamy substance, that this was indigestion. It just doesn’t seem that way to me. Any advice from Shar Pei parents please! I love him and want to give him the BEST possible life! Thanks!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I have to say that this sounds a bit like an contagious infection called kennel cough. There are videos on YouTube which you could check out, but with a puppy of this age I would consult your vet. If KC is confirmed, remember that your puppy could pass this to other dogs and puppies.
  4. Shar-Pei MoM

Shar-Pei MoM New Member

Name:
    Max
    Thank you. I read a little about KC and I think you’re right, we just need to take him to our vet and see what’s going on. It’s too risky to wait.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Please tell your vet or whoever you speak with to make an appointment that your pup might have KC - the last thing you want is to sit with him in a waiting room with other dogs when he could pass it on to other dogs. They should be able to bypass him from the waiting room to avoid any infection being passed on.

I do hope Max will soon be OK.
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Good point Malka!