Need Help with Dogfood General Chat

Discussion in 'English Springer Spaniel' started by Beautiful Greta, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Beautiful Greta

Beautiful Greta New Member

Name:
    Joel

Need Help with Dogfood

I have read so much stuff in the past month that I'm confused. I want something with nutrition that agrees with my dog. I would also like one, maybe 2 supplements. What have you had luck with and are happy with your results , And what turned out to be a disappointment ?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    CaroleC likes this.
    Every dog is different, so what works for me 10 year old female shepherd may not work for your dog.

I would start with what the breeder recommends. Then I would ask my vet. Especially in regards to supplements - which may not just be ineffective, but could potentially be dangerous.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes likes this.
    I agree, as long as the puppy is well-reared, I would not change a puppy's diet until they have fully settled in their new home. They have enough change going on in their lives and don't need a change of diet as well. If you trust your breeder and they have a good practical knowledge of the breed, don't be afraid to ask for their advice. Most breeders welcome some interaction with their new owners.
    I would not want to give too many supplements to a puppy - particularly a fast-growing breed. Stick to your diet sheet for now, and ask for your vet's opinion of the puppy's condition at vaccination time.
  5. Lifew/dogs

Lifew/dogs New Member

Name:
    lonnie
    https://www.prodograw.com/nutrition/raw-feeding-guide/
    I suggest trying raw.