Need recommendations for akita puppy dry food . Questions

Discussion in 'Akita' started by winnie927, May 26, 2019.

1. winnie927

winnie927 New Member

Name:
    Winnie927

Need recommendations for akita puppy dry food .

Hi I just get my akita inu puppy 3 days ago. His name is Yoshi.
    Yoshi is 3 months old akita inu, his currant weight is 20lbs.
    I want to change his food but there are so many choice on the market. Can anyone give me some recommendations? Thank you !
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. winnie927

winnie927 New Member

Name:
    Winnie927
    Yoshi isn’t my first dog, but he is my first puppy. So far he is very good with potty training. Only took me less then 3 days and he already can sleep through the night without wake me up. First night was tough, I have to wake up 2-3 times to walk him.

His previous owner didn’t let he play with toys and kept him in the create 24/7. So his legs are little bit weak. We try walk yoshi every 2 hrs. Each time we walk 5-10 mins. He is getting better and stronger.
    Yoshi also has skin infections problem . He is itching all the time ( my poor boy ) vet gave him half pill antibiotic and antibiotics cream for 10 days treatment .
    I don’t know what happened to him before. But I want to give him everything I can.
    Questions:
    Can I give any puppy supplements to Yoshi?
    Which Dry puppy dog food is good for akita puppy ?

Thank you
  4. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    winnie927 and CaroleC like this.
    For large breeds it’s recommended to feed ‘large breed puppy or adult’ to stop them growing to fast which can cause joint problems.
    http://www.newmanveterinary.com/large.html

It’s difficult to recommend a specific food as what suits one dog may not suit another.
    You may want to check out https://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/ and see what their top recommendations are.

Should you change his food do it gradually.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Winnie - welcome to Breedia to you and Yoshi :039:

What sort of puppy supplements do you want to give to Yoshi, and why. Have you discussed with his vet what he might need?
  6. winnie927

winnie927 New Member

Name:
    Winnie927
    Yoshi has very sensitive skin.and because he was keeping in the create for long time (3 months) I do notice his leg muscles isn’t really strong. So I was thinking about maybe fish oil or something else can help him .
  7. winnie927

winnie927 New Member

Name:
    Winnie927
    Thank you for the link. This is very helpful!
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Fish oil will not do any harm but I do not know whether it will help strengthen leg muscles. I think that you should discuss with your vet whether fish oil, or any other supplements, will be of benefit to Yoshi.
  9. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    GsdSlave likes this.
    Now that he’s not confined to a crate he will build up the muscles in his legs as he plays. I don’t think he needs any special supplements or fish oil for this to happen.