Neuter time? Photos

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by mjfromga, Apr 3, 2020.

1. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ

Neuter time?

Malone will be a year old at the end of next month. He is still entire. I don't know his weight at this point... I'd guess he's probably 55 lbs or so. No where near the weight of FATSO, who is twice as WIDE. But he is nearly as tall as Fatso. Fatso is probably 25" ATS. Malone is probably 22" or 23".

He has quite large feet... As big as Nigredos. He has HUGE TEETH, far larger than Nigredos. And recently... His skull has shown a bit of spreading. He is a total mutt, with like 9 different breeds mixed in.

He is a very strong healthy dude. Extremely FAST. He does not mount/hump. He tried it a little with Nigredo a few months ago but Nigredo shut it CLEAN DOWN and it never returned. He has never mounted people, the cats, or any inanimate objects. He squats all the way down LIKE A GIRL to pee, deeper than male squatters. Constant WEE on his front legs. Never cocked up a leg to pee. Shows no interest in my neighbors female dog... Though I suspect she is likely spayed.

He's extremely high energy. He's stubborn/bad but not AWFUL. He's shown some fairly unsettling aggression towards intruders in our yard, but otherwise is well adjusted and does okay with people and does well with other dogs. I am working on the ugly behavior towards mail and food delivery workers.

My mother thinks that Malone will bite. While he doesn't go after people passing by etc... He is EXTREMELY territorial and I suspect he may bite an intruder as well. He bashed through the metal front door as a FedEx worker was bringing down a package and went FLYING towards him. The man bolted back into his truck but Malone did not back down and would not return when called. I had to go into the yard and grab him by the collar and DRAG him back. It was bad.

I admittedly never saw the door bashing coming and I completely lost control of him. I can't be sure that he wasn't going to bite. It may have been a bluff but I can't be sure. This behavior is unwanted. I've seen Malone play tug and with his toys. Malone is extremely strong with a very strong bite and huge teeth and ever since he was a little puppy, he's had the bite, hold, and shake. He is 20% pit bull and if he decides to attack with intent... I suspect someone is going to get their butt kicked.

Nigredo will bark... But will not bash through the door or show true aggression. He also has never had a situation where he could not be called back. Malone has good recall just like Nigredo usually, but he went deaf at that moment.

Since then, I have made sure to keep that door LOCKED at all times. This behavior is going to be EXTREMELY hard to work on because it occurs only at home and only when someone actually ENTERS the yard. People walking down the road or next door etc are left alone. We do not have visitors and I guess that is part of the issue.

Do you think that he is mature enough to neuter this summer? It may calm him a tad. It'll get rid of those UNSIGHTLY things... And I may want to put him in a program, and here those programs all require dogs to be altered.

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!