New puppy General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

New puppy

I have a tiny puppy on my lap. She was more or less dumped on me, supposedly 6 weeks old but I doubt it. She is not ultra tiny and will probably be bigger than I wanted and I did not want a puppy but I know that had I not taken her she would have been "gotten rid of" like the rest of the accidental litter.

She is black with tan paws, a very soft longish silky coat, and I think I am stuck with her. Either Ram or his assistant vet will come out tomorrow to check her over and in the meantime she is on my lap with her tiny head tucked under my arm.

She has been on the floor and explored a bit, not even a squeak but she does wag her tail and it happy to be picked up - but does not want anything to eat yet. I do not even know if she had been properly weaned. So far she has had a few laps at soya milk, which is all I had, but if she gets the OK from Ram as being healthy she will be raw fed as Pereg was. But I will have to mince the meat first until she is used to it.

Oh, and if I do keep her, her name will be Ziva.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Malka likes this.
    Awwwww Malka .... how exciting! :026: I really hope Ziva is the right one for you ... I have a sneaky feeling you're already halfway in love with her? I know you said you didn't want a puppy but I always think puppies are better than adopting a mature dog who might or might not come with a load of baggage. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Ram gives her a clean bill of health and you and Ziva can start your new life together!

Hugs and best wishes to you both
    Barbara and her Hungarian lot XXX
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Oh Malka - how exciting! I do hope that Ziva is the one for you - if you are anything like me, your mind will be churning with indecision - and for all the same reasons.
    Any chance of a photo?
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Ziva is here and here she will stay. David took us to the Pension and I bought her a bed - she is now curled up asleep in. It. Also bought a crate for nights but I am not sure as I have never used one before.

Also bought some puppy pads, again never used them before. And a baby collar/harness/leash set.

She came with me in the taxi wrapped in my gilet - stuck her head out to be petted by Aviyatar at the Pension, and I think she has decided she is gonna stay here.

First time in new bed just hours after she was brought here

[​IMG]
  6. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Malka likes this.
    What a lucky girl Ziva is! I love her markings - very happy for both of you!
  7. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Malka likes this.
    SHE IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! And so lucky to have you as her new mummy. :062:
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Malka likes this.
    Some things are meant to be, she looks adorable, love the name there is an actress called Ziva on NCIS.
  9. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Malka likes this.
    Aww Ziva looks very cute :049: It's great that she has the letters A+Z in her name :D

I also hope this will now bring you some peace (and calm with it!!!)
  10. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Malka likes this.
    Here is hoping for the best for both of you.
  11. CuteRotts

CuteRotts New Member

Name:
    Em
    Malka likes this.
    Oh Malka she is beautiful. So pleased for you.

Em x
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    She is lovely. Such a glossy coat, she looks really well. Best wishes for your future together.
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Janet and 6JRT's like this.
    She is a lot smaller than she looks in the photo - and that was the smallest bed they had. She really is very small.

I did not want a puppy. But it looks like I have one, who is now exploring everywhere - oh, and she has just discovered a very small piece of chicken neck and had taken it into her new bed. Has not tried to eat it - I do not think she knows how to eat although she has eaten a small bit of some mashed up tinned food.

She drinks water, pees and has poo'd so I know she its OK. She squeaks a bit wen she is on the floor and she explores, but gets frightened..She is far too young to have left her mother but she is happy with me. All so wrong but she would have been thrown out and she is happy here with me, so what could I do? But no way is she as old as was said.

She has only been with me a few hours but she already thinks she belongs here.
  14. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka likes this.
    Hi Malka your little Ziva is sooooooooo cute am glad she is staying with you xxx

ps my Ziva says hello to little Ziva xxxxxxxxxxx
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Janet, CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.
    She is very young but she knows her new bed and goes into it happily. I bought a crate which is set up in my bedroom and she has gone into that - has a pair of socks I was wearing plus an ancient vest - and she just went in zonked out.

I am a bit worried as she does not seem to really want food, but she has had some of the emergency tinned food I had for Pereg - and she really does seem to be happy. At the moment she is in the crate in my bedroom while I am in here, and she is sleeping and not crying. I had put her on the bed while I got the crate sorted, then put her in it an she just zonked off.

I have never used a crate before - she has an old teeshirt of mine and some unwashed socks to sleep on, and there is a puppy pad in the crate.

She is happy going into her bed in the salon - I took her outside a while back to get her to pee, which she did, then she came in and went straight back into her new bed.

I ama bit worried about the food but it is so early now and I do not know with what she was weaned on, if anything. But she is has eaten a bit, pee'd and po'd so I know she is OK, and she is very happy with me and is now in the crate in my bedroom and has not even squeaked. I do not know. I think she is happy here - she is definitely not crying for her dog mother and siblings.

I took her out earlier to ask her to pee and she wandered around, pee'd and then came in and straight on her new bed.

She is just so very young. But she is happy with me. Either on my lap or in her new bed or in the crate - she is just content so why do I keep worrying that she is really too young to have been taken from her dog mother and siblings? She does not seem to miss them at all. She is totally content. Just a few hours here and she is content. Relaxed, happy, and content.

What else can I say?
  16. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka likes this.
    Hi Malka

Congratulations. :)

It may be that, like Rosie, she just doesn't like raw food so trying her with the tinned stuff is a good idea. If she struggles with that, the old standby of scrambled eggs might tempt her to 'get going' on eating
  17. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Malka likes this.
    Happy for you
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Janet and 6JRT's like this.
    She is eating but little by little. And at way gone past midnight she has decided to wake up an play. Currently going rolly rolly all over the place. And she is on and off chombling a raw chicken neck so she will be Ok with food.

But oh is she being noisy now. Not crying but squeaking. So I told her to go to bed and guess what - she went straight in her bed!

She is so young though. Far too young to have left her dog mother, but she does not seem to care.

She is not a replacement for Pereg,nor was Pereg intended for Little One.

And I had no intention of getting a puppy. Ram was looking for a 2 - 3 year old bitch for me and what happened? Ziva turned up this morning.

And I already love her.
  19. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Try Ziva with porridge, babies rusks or weatabix in milk (but not too much milk) or you could ask Ram for some puppy gruel to help her wean onto raw food xxx
  20. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Malka likes this.
    Chloe was only 6 weeks old when I brought her home and for the first three days she barely ate. She'd already been weaned by the breeder who'd given me a small supply of puppy kibble, which she and her siblings had been happily eating. She wouldn't touch canned dog food, cereal and milk or anything I'd always given very young puppies. In the end I cooked a chicken breast and cut it into tiny pieces which she wolfed down!
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Janet, 6JRT's and CaroleC like this.
    Well, she went to bed in the crate in my bedroom, with a pair of my socks and a teeshirt and a puppy pad. Went in not even a squeak and not a sound all night.

I woke up maybe 4am thinking is baby OK as it was so quiet she was still flonked out. Took her outside and she pee'd then found her way in, had a bit of a play and then went to bed in her new dog bed, She squeaks if she wants to talk. Was very happy going into the crate last night - strange little puppy who does not seem to miss her dog mother or litter mates - just very happy with me.

She had a bit of a game rolly polly sqeaky then I said "bed and she waddled back and got in her bed.

I was really tired so wanted to go back to bed and she followed me and went into her crate as if she had always done, slept for another couple of hours and then woke me by squeaking.

Took her out and she pee'd - came in and I gave her a raw egg which she lapped up most of it happily - took her out and she found a nice place to poo - my neighbour turned up and Ziva toddled to say hello - then toddled back inside and wanted a play, rolling over really being cute and having fun, then went back in her bed and zonked out.

Only one pee in the house yesterday, the rest done outside. Puppy pads unused.

She is now exhausted and sleeping again. But she is happy and she is really very sweet. I just cannot get a photograph of her face yet though.

[​IMG]