Now live - Australian Shepherd Dog profile General Chat

Discussion in 'Australian Shepherd' started by Alphatest, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz

Now live - Australian Shepherd Dog profile

Is this ok? Can anyone find the health issues from the official breed club site? (I had a quick look but couldn't spot it). Would you class this dog as medium or large size?
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2011
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Bearded Collie is next so if anyone wants to help you're more than welcome :lol: the bits I need help most with are the health issues and training sections.
  4. rough

rough New Member

Name:
    sal
    i'd class then as medium sized. They do suffer from epilepsy.
  5. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    Health issues:

CEA/PRA, Hereditary Cataracts, Epilepsy. MRD1, Hip and Elbow Dysplasia, Cobolamine Malabsorption, Pelger Huet Anomoly and a range of Cancers, Juvenile Renal Dysplasia, Iris Hypoplasia
  6. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    You said they're recognised by the AKC, but you didn't put in CKC (Canadian Kennel Club)

And under Health issues, you may just want to put that Merle to Merle breeding should not be undertaken lightly as Double merles are often deaf or blind or both. Epilepsy is also thought to be linked to Double Merle as well.
  7. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    Required Health Tests for the KC Assured Breeder Scheme

1) Hip scoring 2) DNA test - HC-HSF4

Recommended health tests

1) Elbow grading 2) Eye testing 3) DNA test - CEA/CH 3) DNA test - MDR1 4) DNA test - prcd-PRA 5) DNA test Cobalamin Malabsorption
    6) Blood test for Pelger-Huet Anomaly
  8. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    Not sure if you want to add that Champions have been made up in the UK in the Breed Ring, Obedience and Working Trials. Not sure about Agility?

Also there is no such thing as a "Miniature ASD"
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2011
  9. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    ps where do I find the breed profiles for Weimaraner and GSD I have looked in the relevant section but cannot see anything similar to the ASD profile?

GSD obviously needs updating to reflect that it no longer is registered in the UK as GSD (Alasation), the Alsation has been removed
  10. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Thanks guys! I've updated the profile - better?

I haven't included the required health tests as I think we're going to have to revisit the entire breed profiles section and add a 'required health tests' section to all of them - maybe that's something we can do after we've got the first version of the profiles done.

Smokey - we haven't done a GSD profile yet, currently the only Pastoral group profiles we've done are here http://www.dogsey.com/pastoral-group.htm The two shown were the ones SB had completed but weren't made live until yesterday as I found them in her Articles preparation area. We do have a user-submitted GSD profile - but those are user submitted and not our official breed profiles (which can be seen here http://www.dogsey.com/dog-breeds.htm).

Thanks for your help guys - I think it looks much better now!

Sarah, we haven't included the CKC in any profiles yet, but this is another thing I think we need to fix in the second revision :)
  11. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    Looks Good

And thanks for info re GSD
  12. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
  13. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    I've revisited it, and expanded it - much happier with it now but still think it needs a little more. Will review it again later.