Original Names General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Ripsnorterthe2nd, Nov 6, 2005.

1. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    I have a friend who has a dog called, apache, a jrt.

I also knew someone owned a pub and had a cat called half pint, and I think his dogs were named after spirits, there was a whisky, but I can't remember the rest now.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. jumbosdad

jumbosdad New Member

Name:
    jums
    mate of mine has a spaniel called daniel, and two puppies ess's called tickle and tess, aparently you should have seen the vets face when he called them in for thier jabs .............................

put the names around the other way !!!
  4. novavizz

novavizz New Member

Name:
    Kaz
    Cody's name was 'Pasher' -it's not even a name and I couldn't wait to change it. Tally, whose pic is in my avatar was called 'Ginger', very original and my daughter's Weimaraner was called 'Misty' also very original, she is now Jessie. Russ, my late GSP, was called 'Prince' which I didn't like very much.The only one of my dogs names that I didn't change was Ben, my Lab, I wish I had though, as everyone and their grandad seems to call their Lab's Ben!!

We often change our rescued Boxer's names, we feel that the dog has a new start in life and a new name to go with it. Especially if the dog has had a hard time, we had a dog called Tyson, that had been beaten and abused. Everytime we called his name he hit the deck, so we changed his name to Barney and changed his life. He lived to a grand old age with his new family and after he passed on to the Bridge those owners asked us for another rescue dog which we were pleased to give them.

I don't have a problem changing names, after all, if they came from stray kennels we would have to give them a name. We don't have any Rocky, Tyson's, Ali's, Naz's or Bruno's though. We have so many of them handed in it would be hard to keep track of who is who!! Especially when people say "My sister got a brindle dog from you, he is called Tyson!" Can you imagine how confusing it would get? If they say the dogs name is Bradley, Jackson, Callum etc, we know exactly who they mean!

The saddest named dog was a lovely deaf white Boxer, when asked the dogs name the owners said, "Oh we never bothered to give it one, it can't hear you anyway. We just call it "the dog". They never once refered to him as 'him' or 'he' just it. They didn't deserve him, we called him Clyde.

My brother has a friend who has a cat called 'Crapper' - what can you say to that?
  5. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    Maddy's mum is Misty, and the brother they kept is Prince! :shock::lol:

I didn't like the name Prince at first but he really suits it.
  6. novavizz

novavizz New Member

Name:
    Kaz
    No offence taken I hope Kel!!!:blush:
  7. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    Working for a vets I had a family with three cats, Broccolli, Cauliflour and Edimame. Talk about a mouthful!

We rescued another cat named "Thurston" For some reason, my brother wanted to keep that silly name.

I rescued a sheltie named "Phillip" and it stuck too. And a rabbit named Cornflakes.
  8. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    thanks for the explanantion, way too early here.
  9. Nicky1979

Nicky1979 New Member

Name:
    Nic

:smt043 :smt043 :smt043 :smt043

I love it.

Our have always been pretty conventional Bruce, Bracken, Baron (red setter cross :roll: ) but I did know of a retreiver called Nookie :shock: and a friend had a slightly dim GSD called Shi*zfa (as in Sh*ts for brains:-( )

Oh and the OH's cat was Hodge, also known as Mr Hodge & Hodgearoo (as he had the back legs of a kangaroo:lol: )
  10. Gina&Jaz

Gina&Jaz New Member

Name:
    Gina
    I know of a dog called Jigsaw. I thought it was quite unusual - but I love it!
  11. jannie

jannie New Member

Name:
    snakebite
    When i was a kid many moons ago.We got a new neighbour next door to us.She had a white highland terrier .My mum one day was out putting up the washing and had never seen the dog.Anyway the neighbour called her dog in.she called vodka,my mum turned round and said no thanks its a bit early for a drink its only 8 o clock.Should of seen my mums face when she was told no,its my dogs name.Could of been worse,it could of been whiskey,we do come from Scotland.lol.Must of been a russian highland terrier.
  12. Sara

Sara New Member

Name:
    Sara
    In our rescue, we try to name litters on a theme. We had recently "the Soapsuds" (Ivory, Dove...etc.), "Mario bros." ( Mario,Luigi,Bowser,Princess Peach...etc.), "Ivy-League" (Penn-State, Cornell, Harvard...etc.) "Weeds" (Thistle, Chickweed...etc) We do not expect people to keep their names, its just to keep them straight for our records. Its fun tho. We did actually name a pup D-Fer, and the adoptive home actually kept the name. I think its a great , fun and origonal name. My dogs came to me as Goldie (female Lhasa x Bichon) and Holly (Female Deaf Terrier x Cavalier.... I think) Re-named Zoe (Lhasa x) and Scout (Deaffie). I think those names are way better suited.
  13. bajaluna

bajaluna

Name:
    Jayne
    dingo bingo is one of our rescues along with scrappy doo
    and boots