Other Pastorals General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by BrandieSnap, Dec 16, 2005.

1. BrandieSnap

BrandieSnap New Member

Name:
    Suzie

Other Pastorals

Lots of us have said what we love about collies and german shepherds but does anyone want to share their love for the other pastoral breeds? Does anyone own another pastoral?

For those of you with German shepherds or collies, if you didn't have that breed would your second choice still be in the pastoral group?

There are lots of other dogs in this group that I like, but I don't think I will ever own them :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Well I own both a German Shepherd and a Border Collie which are my two favourite breeds, so my third choice in the pastoral group would be ....

probably an Australian Shepherd or I would own a Rough Collie (if I could find the type I like).

I also really like Belgian Shepherds too - all four varieties - but don't think I will ever own one.

Good topic Brandie - so which other pastoral breeds would you have?
  4. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Also, outside the pastoral group, which breeds does everyone like?

I will probably never own anything other than a GSD or collie, however, off the top of my head, I really like Leonbergers (too large for me though), Irish Setters, Siberian Huskies and probably loads, loads more! :)
  5. BrandieSnap

BrandieSnap New Member

Name:
    Suzie
    The other pastorals that I like are the same as the ones you like Moobli :)
    The australian shepherd especially and also the belgian shepherds. But none come close to the german shepherd for me, or the border collie.

Outside of the pastoral group irish stter and golden retriever are top of my list. I have also just fallen in love with the estrela mountain dog :smt049
    I should probably stop there before I get carried away with all the dogs i like :roll:
  6. willowish

willowish New Member

Name:
    Gillian
    Well I already own a Rough Collie and have close ties with some Australian Shepherds (My Sis -in-laws) so I agree with both your choices there. However I am quiet interested in the Finnish Lapphund as well.
    Outside the Pastoral group well Cocker Spaniels are my families other dogs and I have an inkling to own a Pomeranian :grin: little dogs big personalities

[​IMG]
  7. tjhoe68

tjhoe68 New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    In the pastoral group I like border collies and Belgian Shepherds

Outside the pastoral group, I like Staffies, huskies NI's Utonagons (sp)? and loads of others :grin:
  8. gordon lover

gordon lover New Member

Name:
    kate
    I've a Vallhund (shows that I'm mad!) and love them to bits!!

In the pastoral group I love the heelers (Aussie Cattle Dog, Corgis!, Lancashire Heeler) most of all! Then comes the BC, Kelpie, Koolie, and the Lapinkoira (Finnish Lapphund) and finally the German Shepherd!

Outside of the Pastoral I'm really loose, I'd love a Saluki or some sighthound one day. One day a Newfoundland definitly. And well the working Lab/golden. :D And ALL spitzes, I'm addicted!!