Pampered pooches treated to homemade dog food Diet

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Pampered pooches treated to homemade dog food

Food for thought? I would not class my dog as a "pampered pooch", nor is her food "lovingly prepared" - I just feed her raw [using http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=137215 as my guide] but found this article rather interesting.
    Full article here...

http://www.scotsman.com/news/odd/pampered-pooches-treated-to-homemade-dog-food-1-3562545

To be honest, I cannot see much difference in giving kibble, tinned/wet food, or ready mixed/prepared frozen or dehydrated "raw" food.

This does not mean that the way I feed my dog is better and I am by no means a "you should give your dog this or that" person - I just know what suits my dog best. But "lovingly prepared"? - no more "lovingly prepared" than the food I used to give my children or the food I eat myself.

Is not all food prepared and given with love?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    I am not surprised more people make their own dog food. Anyone interested in the different types of dog food can see the guide on Dogsey www.dogsey.com/dog-food.htm
  4. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    I don't consider my two are pampered pooches just because they're fed on home cooked food. My family has fed their dogs this way for generations and we've always had healthy dogs. As a Pei owner diet can make all the difference between having a healthy dog or a sick one that's constantly going to the vets.

Georgie has just spent six weeks on "holiday" where she was fed on a high quality ... and expensive .. grain free kibble, and for the week she been home I've have to deal with a hyper, nervous girl. Although I'm certain the change in diet wasn't entirely to blame I'm sure it partly accounts for her change in behaviour because now she been back on home cooked for the past four days, she calmed down considerably. And yes it costs more in money, time and effort but it's worth it!
  5. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    I feed the hooligans food on what I receive from modelling jobs plus laughing dog, Skye just helps herself from one of the dishes, K9 as veggie food plus he as just started eating Butchers foil packs, 7 years old & just started eating meat.
    All the dogs have fresh fish every other day too.
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Mine have tripe with veg 2/3 times a week the rest of time they have complete, as we take them on holiday and weekends away I find the complete very handy.
    I don’t think there is a ‘right or wrong way’ to feed one's dog its what suits the owner and dog that really counts.