Parentage puzzle... ID this breed/mix

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Fudgeley, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel

Parentage puzzle...

Ok, I have been looking at all your wonderful pics and I keep spotting bits of Fudge in many of your dogs(if you know what I mean!). it has led me to question her parentage. we saw the mum in the dogs home and she was built much like Fudge but slimmer, smooth haired and a thinner head, similar size.Fudge stands with her back about level with my knee and her hair is slighty coarse with soft fluffy under hair.

Here are some pics to help you on your way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. JacekPacek

JacekPacek New Member

Name:
    Nina
    cant define nothing else but collie... sorrry
    but she sure has the right name for her :grin:
    she is sweetie:)
  4. Kicks

Kicks New Member

Name:
    Hazel
    I honestly would have said pure collie
  5. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    I think Collie!
    They can come in that sable colouring
  6. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    She looks at least three quarters collie to me :) She is beautiful.
  7. Foxy

Foxy

Name:
    F
    Yes definitely collie and maybe a little bit of something else too but can't think what at the moment :? She's absolutely gorgeous though :smt049 :smt049 :smt049
  8. chelsea

chelsea New Member

Name:
    Jean
    I think collie as well and not sure if a bit german shepherd
  9. lovezois

lovezois Fondly remembered

Name:
    Eunice
    I too think Collie with perhaps a little bit of Belgian Shepherd, but no matter what she is a really gorgeous dog and one I would be proud to own.
  10. tillytails

tillytails New Member

Name:
    Diane
    I'm useless at identifying breed characteristics but just wanted to say she's one gorgeous, beautiful dog ! :grin:
  11. TR7_Ally

TR7_Ally New Member

Name:
    Ally
    She's beautiful :grin:

I'd say she's at least 99%collie to be honest. Though from side-on in the first photo I can see a little Husky/Malamute about her head.... I am probably wrong though!

Ally
  12. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    We are very proud to be her owners, she has such a wonderful temperament as well.Always wanting to play and loves her training, her mind is so fast.....she performs her commands in front of me when she wants attention or a treat..I wonder sometimes who is training who!! Do you reckon now she is 12 months she would be ready for agility or does she has to have the obedience side completely cracked first? She did some tunnels and low ramps when younger at a combined class and seemed to really enjoy it. She grinned from ear to ear when she knew she had done well.
  13. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    I would contact your local agility club and see what they think - at her build I would think 12 months wouldnot be too soon to start the basic training!
  14. Amber08071

Amber08071 New Member

Name:
    Amber
    I had a dog named Zoe she was a Jack Russel Terrier...I think your dog has a lot of similarities in the face....here is a pic....Its not the greatest pic, but the only one I have of her...

[​IMG]
  15. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    I can see where you are getting JRT in Fudge`s face, but one of my BCs also has that facial `look` to a tee but is all collie :smt001
  16. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    Collies come in so many shapes, sizes and colours, don`t let slender build or brindling put you off thinking she could`nt be all Collie herself.
    My Gremlin has the same facial / head structure and is short coated [ many collies are ],

[​IMG]

and my collie Silk is petite like Fudge

[​IMG]

I believe there are many brindle lines originating from Ireland, and its not so uncommon to see them around now, [ and is quite likely the cause of my Lurcher Flukes colouring, from his collie parent ].

Its very possible that the rescue Fudge`s mum was in just did not recognise a smooth coat collie when they saw one - an easy enough mistake if they have`nt seen many, and a lot of short coated collies get called crosses when they are`nt at all.
    I would say that *if* there is anything other than collie in Fudge, I would say it was no more than a quarter, more likely just an eighth, and most likely to be whippet, but I have seen many collies known to be purebred and which look a lot less collie than Fudge does :smt001
  17. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    I thought German Shepherd - look at those ears when they're pricked up !
  18. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    collie oh my word crossed with angel she is beautiful :smt007
  19. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    Loads of pure bred collies have GSD style ears :)