Pereg - 1/1/2009 - 1/4/2015 Rainbow Bridge

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Pereg - 1/1/2009 - 1/4/2015

Is it really three years
    since I kissed your beautiful head
    while Ram gave you peace?

You were my beloved girl
    who I loved so much
    and far too young
    to have had to let go

But you needed peace
    so I had no choice
    but I miss you so much
    and wish it had not have been

I think you are still here
    in the little one
    called Tikva
    who you never knew
    but who acts just like you
    at times.

I remember what I wrote
    a week after
    you had gone
    and all I can do now
    is repeat it
    for you

My beloved Pereg
    - - -
    There are no words
    that I can say
    but my tears they fall each
    every day
    because she's not here
    and does not come
    when I call "boi l'ima Pereg"
    for she has gone​

Come to mommy
    but she can't now can she
    I let Ram release her
    so peacefully​

I don't know now what I will do
    or how I'm coping that is true​

All I do is sit and weep
    for my girl
    although memories I keep​

But memories don't help
    for long
    even if I sing her
    favourite song​

She is not here
    she won't come back
    and life for me
    is now almost
    black
    - - -

But now
    life is no longer black
    and Tikva - Hope
    is not a replacement
    for you Pereg

But she comforts me
    just as you did
    and I have enough love
    for her
    as I had
    for you
    - - -
    Sleep peacefully Pereg​
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Beautiful. Time goes by so quickly. xx
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I miss her Chris. I miss all my Griffs from years back and I remember all of them. Whenever one of my puppies went I took photographs of them with their new family - still have them in the box of photographs on top of one of the cupboards in my bedroom. And of course my lovely Little One, my Lexi, but Pereg was special. Oh I did not, do not, miss The Monster, but I still think maybe I let her down.

But even though she was on a long streak - 41 days I think, I knew something was not right. Probably wrote about it here on Breedia but I do not want to look for it.

And then I knew the time was right - so did Ram. But I should have given him one of Pereg's monkeys when he took her - although she is probably laughing somewhere over The Bridge because Tikki loves the monkeys as well!
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Such a strange day. April Fool's Day? Pereg had her first GM seizure on 1 April 2011. And Ram gave her peace four years to the date on 2015.

Pesah - Passover - started at dusk on Friday, as Shabbat was coming in. And on Friday morning I received a lovely bouquet from someone I do not know - he sends me flowers every Pesah and Rosh Hashana - just signed "From a Brother in Arms". I do not know who he is but he was/is someone who was close to the army officer I was possibly going to marry, who died during the Lebanon war. The second Lebanon war, I think. His driver upturned the car so he was not actually KIA - just on the way. But that was a long time ago. He always brought or sent me flowers, and whoever this guy is, he still sends me flowers.

And this afternoon?

I was in the loo and Tikva did her "there is someone at the door" bark - the door being open as usual - it was Hai from the macolet, full of apologies that he had had so much work on Friday so sorry it was late. More flowers, a box of chocolates, a box of special Pesah cookies, a bottle of wine - and I just lost it. Burst into tears and said Why? Big hugs and he said 'because we love you'. Why? I am just one of his customers.

Pereg is somewhere making sure I am OK. And making darn sure I will never forget her.

Are you still looking out of the door Pereg? Tikki also sits and looks out of the door as you did.

[​IMG]
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Pereg with two of her monkeys

[​IMG]

They were not dog toys - toys for children to put on their backbags as the hands had velcro on them to hold them on. Avner at the macolet had lots of them - they had eyes that lit up red when sqeezed and they howled. Pereg removed the eyes and noses - she did not know I had bought up the lot. 15 shekels each.

She loved her monkeys. And Tikki loves one of the new ones that Pereg never knew I had.