Pereg is not well General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Mar 31, 2015.

1. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    So sorry for your loss x
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Oh Malka I'm so sorry to read this, poor Pereg and poor you, you've tried so sodding hard to give her everything she needed. You did more for her than many do for their children. You have nothing to beat yourself up about. Of course you want her back, we always want them back, they leave a massive void in our lives even when we have more than one. Each and every one is unique and irreplacable but life has to go on. I'm sure you feel like giving up without her but don't, stay strong in her memory and know you did everything you could. Love and hugs x
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I keep looking for her Shirley- keep calling her - but she has gone.

Four years since The Monster first struck. It was 1 April 2011 at 9am and The Monster struck for the last time yesterday and about half midnight 1 April 2015 I sat on the floor with her while Ram gave her peace.

She was only 6 years old, been epi for 4 years and I want her back.

I keep looking for her, keep calling her but I asked Ram to - cannot say it - asked him to kill her.

I want her back. I want my Pereg back.

But she won't come back will she.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I can't
    not without her
    her toys are everywhere
  6. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    You didn't ask Ram to kill her at all, you asked him to end her suffering, there's a huge difference. What you did was difficult and painful, as I can testify but you did it for her not yourself. Having a dog pts to end their suffering is a completely selfless act. I'm sure you know you had no choice, it was always a matter of when and not if. I can only imagine how devastated you are. Be strong Juli x
  7. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    So sorry to hear this news Malka, sleep tight Pereg xx
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I want her back. She was not suffering as I had doped her up with Valium after four non-stop seizures. So she was quiet but it was time.

Much too young.

I do not know how I will cope without her now.
  9. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Sorry for your loss.
    No really way to put it, but remember the good times and remember she has past on to a better place.
  10. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Oh Malka am so sorry I wasn't here yesterday to comfort you, you did the right thing as Pereg is now free from being epileptic & will be with Little One.

R.I.P Pereg love Tina & my JRT's xxxxxxxxxxxx
  11. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    It is very hard to lose our dogs, they are more than just animals they are friends and companions. Even when we know our dogs are suffering or ill it is the hardest decision to make to have them pts. You will have to grieve. I'm sure you will always miss her but with time it will get a little better each day. Very sorry to hear of your loss.
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I do not know what to to do. I keep calling her but she is not here. I want her back.
  13. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    She is gone physically from this world but she will always be with you in spirit. There is nothing we can do in these situations. Death is one of the hardest things to deal with. The absence of the individual and the inability to bring them back. We have all experienced this during our life. It never gets easier to go through.
  14. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I can tell that you are not coping Malka, and none of us can give you any real comfort in this virtual world. By all means, tell me I'm out of order, but ....
    Do you think that it might help you to come to terms with Pereg's loss by constructing a 'Remembrance' thread for her. You could include memories, photo's, favourite toys, of course her illness, maybe even pieces of writing that seem to chime with your feelings. It would be a permanent memorial to her on here - perhaps @Azz might even allow a Remembrance topic heading.
    If you did decide to do this, it should end with the words you have so often offered to others. 'Run Pereg, run free, run as fast as you can'.
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Carole I can't. Her toys are everywhere. Her food is in the refrigerator, in my big freezer in her freezer.

I want her back.

I just want her back and I am not coping.
  16. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka your little Pereg was your life, you both relied on each other & you are grieving with a heavy heart, its hard to put in words just how you are feeling, as we have all been there, its like losing your son/daughter/partner, Pereg might be gone in body but she always be there in your heart. xxxxxx
  17. ndidi

ndidi New Member

Name:
    sally
    Is there anyone who can look after Pereg's thing so they aren't in the house but are safe. So that you don't have to decide what to do with them but they are there when you want to have them back if you do. Also is there anyone who you can give the food to? a rescue centre perhaps. Or maybe Ram would know of someone who could use it so that way it wouldn't be a constant reminder. Same with her meds and supplements. I wish I could come round and give you a hug and make some tea for you but I can't so I am sending you hugs and just know Pereg is at peace and free from the monster. She and Little one will be keeping each other company and waiting for you when you get there. Or is there someone you can go and stay with for a few day?
    So very sorry for your loss. ((hugs))
  18. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka, Pereg would hate to see you like this. You've been strong for her for so long and now it's time to be strong for you - Pereg would want that so you have to try your hardest to make her happy just like you've always done.

She's at peace now and I'm sure she would like you to heal from the aching heart you are feeling now. xx
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I gave Ram all the Pb I had and will be giving the SAMe and Milk Thistle - I think he said one of his vet nurses would come for them. Food? Pereg was raw fed so was the same food as mine. Got some emergency cans of dog food though so will give them to whoever picks up the SAMe and Milk Thistle. Lots more supplements all unopened
    but I have not checked what I have. Ram will distribute whatever wherever.

But I should have given him her monkeys when he took her away.

I am not coping. I know it was the right thing to do but how did I know something was wrong when I started this thread?

I did not know how it would end.

20. ndidi

ndidi New Member

Name:
    sally
    You could always give her monkeys to the nurse if she comes then she can make sure that it goes with Pereg.
  21. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    As I sadly said we know our dogs and they know us.

It is a bond that most common owners will never know.
    It shows the depth of your love and knowing of each other.