Pereg is not well General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Hopefully someone will come along and give that boy a home soon, I`m sure there is a little girl out there for you somewhere, it will just take time for you to find her, why dismiss a pure bred though, you might be cutting down your options if you dismiss out of hand, because it is pure bred, if its just a small (not a puppy) bitch you want, look at everything they offer, you never know it could be a pure bred that fits you well, ..good luck.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Somewhere out there is the perfect little girl waiting for you .... it's only a matter of time before you find each other!

After Chloe died, it took me several months to find the perfect dog... not for me, but for Georgina. The waiting was excruciating but well worth going through as I couldn't wish for a better dog than Gwylim, my little black devil. The little scallywag has bought both Georgina and I so much joy we can't imagine a life without him!

Hold onto the words of T S Eliot .....Little Gidding

What we call the beginning is often the end
    And to make an end is to make a beginning
    The end is where we start from.

Love and hugs XXX
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Jackie I am sure that boxer will find a perfect home soon. Many people want large dogs who will, unfortunately be outside dogs so it does not matter if they were trained or not. He was just not suitable to be a pet for anyone let alone me, apart from being the wrong sex and wrong size.

I am not dismissing a pure-bred it is just that here people here who adopt/rescue only want pure-breeds - thinking they will be cheaper than buying from a breeder, and the mutts, as Pereg was and Little One before her, are never wanted.

I have just been offered "a pure-bred registered JRT puppy" for nearly £500 when it is not the money that counts - I just know I am not capable of looking after another puppy which is why Ram said minimum 3 years old. Well we would know by then if she was epi because no way could I look after another epi. Ram, being epileptic himself, has studied, and is canine epilepsy and gives seminars about it. Even he knew it was time - way past time - but he still asked me if I was sure before he did what he knew he had to do.

The little girl who needs me, as much as I need her, will find her way here. And she will be loved as much as Pereg was, as much as Little One was, and as much all the dogs I had in the past were.

I just hope I do not have to wait too long for her.
  5. ndidi

ndidi New Member

Name:
    sally
    So glad you are getting another dog. I just can't picture you being happy without a doggy pal. it is eerily quite when they are not here isn't it. I don't like to at all when there aren't dogs in my house. Thankfully in my case it is usually because I am going away and they are boarding. I always play music or leave the tv on when the dogs are gone. I can't imagine what it must be like for you. But have got my fingers crossed and will be praying for your new pal to arrive quickly and be perfect for you. I am sure fate and God will see that you aren't dog less for too long. Also sounds a great idea for Ram to find one for you are that way she will be healthy and he sound like the best one seeing as he know so much about epilepsy both canine and human.

Not sure if you have checked on Dogsey but loads of people are thinking about you and sending support to you.

I will keep checking in and hope to soon see a picture of a new little dog very soon.

Ndidi
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Bernstein & Sondheim wrote the right song for just this feeling, Malka.

Play yourself - 'Something's Coming', (West Side Story).
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC and 6JRT's like this.
    I am shattered - some guy has just knocked on my door and said that he had heard that I had lost my dog - he does not live on the Moshav, said his brother does though not that I recognise the family name, and his brother had told him and he had come to offer his condolences. I honestly thought that he had turned up to offer me a dog as everyone knows that I am looking for one - no disrespect to my beloved Pereg but to honour the love she gave me and so that I could pass that love onto another dog. I mean why else would he have turned up to give condolences?

Then he said that now I do not have a dog to take out I will not need my big road scooter any more and that he would "gladly take it off my hands" without charging me for taking it away.

He was bdooly lucky that I not only had the door only partially open on a rope fixed with unltra-strong carabiners that need unscrewing to open them and are hooked onto well bolted massive hooks on the door and then across both sides of the door frame, but that I had the chain also well hooked onto the door. So the foot he shoved in got well and truly squashed when I slammed the door to.

I hope it hurt.
  8. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    mjfromga likes this.
    I hope it broke his ankle, if not worse! You're probably in a state of shock at the moment which why you're feeling shattered.

I had a similar experience many years ago when a friend and I stayed in seaside apartment for the weekend. Brenda was preparing dinner and I was watching the TV when we heard a knock at the door. She opened it to find a young man who said he worked for the owner, who'd sent him to check everything was OK. He then made a dash for the bedroom and snatched my purse out of my handbag. I managed to grab him as he was going out of the front door.. Brenda had the presence of mind to slam the door on his arm as he tried to escape, whilst I grabbed my purse from him. I'm fairly certain he left with a broken arm .... which served him ****** well right! The pair of we're absolutely shattered and it ruined the weekend!
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Well unless he or one of his ilk turn up with an electric grinder/metal cutter [or whatever it is called - and where would the plug it in?] to try and cut through the strong welded-on handle grips on the side of The Shack and on the door of The Shack itself - which is corrugated metal of some sort that Nir built and says is impossible to do - and cut through the mahoosive industrial padlock that goes through both - The Silver Monster is safe where he is.

I had to have The Shack made thief-proof in order to insure Bronco, who was the original inhabitant. Then The Trident and now The Silver Monster.

The door of The Shack is in full view of the road during daylight, and I keep outside lights on all night as soon as it is dusk so it is in full view of anyone passing 24 hours a day. But to offer to "take it off my hands without charge" when it is worth a heck of a lot of money?

I have reported the "incident" to the police - not so much that I am scared that he and his pals will come back, but in order to clear myself in case he tries to sue me for hurting his poor little foot. Which I hope I broke.
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    How manipulative, I also hope that you did hurt his foot. I hope you damaged his eardrums too. You really do need your new dog to come soon - a dog in the house will make these shady characters think twice.
  11. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka likes this.
    Malka hope you did more then just break his foot, hope the police catch him & give him a good talking too. x
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's and CaroleC like this.
    Surprise surprise - the police have been round to take a statement. The name he gave me as his brother on the Moshav does not exist so there is no way of knowing who is was although there is someone on the Moshav that they suspect of being part of a car stealing gang. They just do not have proof yet and even though The Silver Monster is a large mobility scooter, not a car it could apparently be can easily sold on for a lot of money as these machines are not registered as a car is, so an expensive scooter like The SM would have been easy pickings.

They are also checking the local hospital and clinics o see if anyone turns up with a broken foot or ankle or even any damage to foot or ankle. But have assured me that I can never be blamed. If they do find him he will not just get a good talking to but will be charged with - oh heck, cannot remember it all. Attempted break-in. False pretenses. And threatening an elderly disabled woman which they class as not just a disability crime but also as common assault.
  13. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    6JRT's, Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Good! Hope he gets his come-uppance (if that's how you spell it). Might teach him a lesson that WE OLD LADIES ARE NOT TO BE MESSED WITH! :077::077::077:
  14. manydogz

manydogz Member

Name:
    manydogz (Debra)
    Malka likes this.
    Malka, that is TERRIBLE! Had I been there I would have shot him in the foot! Just goes to show you that the bad people do watch to see what might be "available". Disabled old ladies are a prime target. Now you need to keep on your toes. They'll be back. That foot in the door shows you that he was prepared to assault you to get in now that the dog is gone. You SHOULD be afraid they'll come back and I wish you would have called me when it happened. The first time they come to the door is to gather information. Now they know that you will fight back, you're elderly, disabled and do not have a dog. They already knew that police protection takes a little time on the moshav. So they will add another person to their "ring" because you caught his foot in the door and they'll be back to rob you and G*d only knows what else. The guy is probally highly pissed off that he was bested by you and didn't get in so he won't be a happy camper when he sees you again. At the very least you should be carrying pepper spray at all times and have it in your hand when you answer the door. I may sound paranoid to you, but that is not the case. These small things that a thief does are designed to make their end game more profitable.
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Debra - my home is secure. The police checked all round it and there is no way anyone can break in. All windows at the back and sides have bars - ornamental grills but still bars, which would have to be cut with an oxy-acetylene torch or some sort of electric cutter/grinder. Nir made the bars and they are fitted right through the walls so cannot be ripped off. Except by a tractor which would wake up everyone around as they would have to get to the back via the tractor paths and through my neighbours back yard.

The Shack is only accessible from the front - it was also built by Nir and he made sure that it can not easily be opened. The insurance agent through which I get my household contents insurance [building insurance is covered with my neighbour's as it belongs to the family] came to check it over before letting me use it as a "garage" for Bronco.

The front of my bungalow is very well lit from just before dusk until maybe 7am the earliest, with two long double fluorescent strip lights and is so close to the road that only an idiot would try to break in. The front door cannot be kicked in as it opens outwards.

The police have said that my bungalow is safe and secure and not to worry, and that if I open my door in the evenings [now Pereg has gone I am keeping it closed] it would take a hell of a lot of strength for someone to rip it out, thanks to the thick rope, the large carabiners and the massive hooks through the front door and each side of the door frame. Nir only fitted those maybe a month ago as I was worried that the hooks I had used were not strong enough. Plus now the chain is on since Pereg died. I used to just put it on at night.

I have heard a bit more about the so-called "brother" on the Moshav - he is not related to anyone here except for the fact that he married someone here, and he has already been in trouble for beating her up which is definitely not normal for here. She walked out and is back with her parents and is in the process of a divorce and also getting him out of the marital home - which actually belongs to her family. The police know who they are looking for and they will find them.

They will not be back. They are more likely to break into my neighbour's bungalow through one of her back windows as everyone knows that she is away each Shabbat and now for the whole week of Pesah. She was broken into before and that is why I got Nir to make and fit the grills to my windows while she never bothered.

But - the sooner I have another dog sharing my life, the better. Because this silence is deafening.

Oh, and do not forget that I have my private emergency service so if I press my button [which I am now wearing all the time as a pendant] if I do not answer when they call via the speaker/amplifier, which they do within 30 seconds of the button being pressed, they will call out the lot. Police, ambulance and fire service.
  16. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Floppyears likes this.
    Sorry to hear about Pereg Malka :(

I've been away for a week and only just read the news.

Run free Pereg - Malkas going to miss you very much.. as are so many of us on Dogsey & Breedia.
  17. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Boy, it's strange how people just show up to your house and act like they own your stuff. Had a man bring a package to the front door for me to sign for ages ago. Brownie (the dog I owned at the time) was standing near me as I signed for the package behind the closed but unlocked burglar bars. He was totally quiet.

After I signed for it, the man opened the bars, and tried to COME INSIDE MY HOUSE with the package. Brownie swiftly (and viciously) lunged for his arm, ready to break it into bits, and he quickly dropped the item and stepped back as fast as possible and ran up the hill and got in his truck and drove away.

I have NO IDEA what he was doing, but I'm so glad my Brownie was right there. That man was really lucky, because though Brownie never attacked any people... he had unfortunately gotten into fights before and once he bites, he DOESN'T let go. He was NOT letting that man into this house.
  18. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Any news on Ram finding you small/medium female dog yet Malka ?
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Nothing. The shelter in town from where I rescued Pereg appears to have closed down even though their website is still up. Nobody answers the telephone or calls back when messages are left on their voicemail, and emails are ignored.

The "pure-bred registered JRT puppy" for nearly £500 that I was offered turned out to be from a puppy farm. I had been told she was one year old but the litter was one month old and "all have gone now". At one month? "Oh, but do not worry, there is another litter ready in two weeks".

These are not kept in a secure place, the dogs run around loose so who knows which bitch was mated with which dog, so I politely said what I thought about puppy farms and false pedigree and registration papers. Which they obviously are. The bitch I saw running about yesterday is obviously pregnant again but was told oh no, she has not been mated so it will be another year before she has more puppies.

I know I cannot replace Pereg, nor could I replace Little One and I do not want to even think about it. I just want an unwanted small dog to come and share my life and the love I will be able to give her.

Is that asking too much?
  20. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    6JRT's likes this.
    Do you want me to pop Gwylim in an envelope and post him to you to give you cuddles and scare away any bogie men until your little girl arrives? I've spoken to him and he's quite willing ... but only providing ... you send over one of your delumptious men (don't mind which) to keep his mum company whilst he's away. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
  21. BlueJay

BlueJay Member

Name:
    Erin
    Hiccup's kennel mate still doesn't have a home!

Oh wait, he's a boy though