Pereg's had a Grand Mal seizure Health

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Apr 16, 2014.

1. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    I got foam tubing around my bed legs & dressing table.
    Am glad she's feeling better
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    None of my furniture is on legs that Pereg can bang herself on, and as she has had seizures in every room there will always be something that she might bang her head against. I cannot wrap her or my whole bungalow in cotton wool and bubble wrap so just have to hope she does not hurt herself.

She is just as likely to hurt herself when she crashed down onto the stone floors and unfortunately it is something I just have to accept.

I am just praying that she can stay sz-free for the next two months as she is due for blood tests at the end of the month and Ram prefers to draw blood at least two weeks after she has had a seizure, but with her seizure pattern being so erratic nothing can be planned in advance. :(
  4. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Poor baby must be due a break from seizures soon.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Preferable like the one year and 177 day sz-free streak she had from October 2011! :D

[I wish...]
  6. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    I know isn't it odd that she went so long between seizures then but is now having them so frequently.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Not really Shirley as that is the nature of The Monster. This last episode started on Day 17 - the previous one was Day 27 - there is no pattern to Pereg's seizures and no discernible trigger for them either. There are epis on The List that have gone four or more years sz-free and then started having them again. Nobody knows why and in most cases nobody can predict when the next one will occur, although some dogs do have a vague sort of pattern.
  8. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    We have an epi dog at work and he has siezures most nights. Im not sure what medication he has but we have to pop it up his bottom. The other staff wont do it but after 8 years working with babys it doesnt bother me atall. Not frightened of a bit of poop. Never seen him have one but we know when he has as he wets his bed.
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    This is a truly horrible disease for affected dogs and their owners, I hope a better control or a cure does come along soon. Wishing you and Pereg a long and restful intermission.
  10. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Morning Malka :039:

Georgie and I hope you and Pereg had a good night's sleep and you're both feeling better today.:)
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thanks Barbara. Pereg had a good night B"H but I kept waking because she was so quiet! When you are on major seizure-watch it is similar to having a new baby - if you do not hear them cry for a feed you keep waking to check on them to make sure they are OK.

But it has gone 35 hours now since the second seizure and so hopefully this episode is over now and I can relax a bit. Until the next one :rolleyes: