Pet medication online Health

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by katygeorge, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I used to work for a major pharmaceutical importing company here so I know how strict the laws are about importing all meds - even OTC products and things like vitamins and toothpaste etc.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Is that for just Pb or is Loki on Kbr as well? Pereg is just on Pb and that is approximately what I pay for 30 days supply of Pb [plus one taxi fare].
  4. Brandykins

Brandykins Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Rosemary
    That's for both the Phenobarbs and Potassium Bromide. Oh Malka you are more expensive than I am. Loki is on 4 x 60 mg and 2 x 325 mg of Potassium B. Some months it is a bit more, some a bit less - just coppers though :)
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Pereg is on 65mg TID [195mg/day], so that is less than Loki has. As I can only get 100mg and 15mg tablets it means three x 15mg and 1½ x 100mg/day and the 15mg is only pennies cheaper than the 100mg. The Epiphen tablets I was sent are 60mg so I am now changing her 3pm Pb from 65mg to 60mg on alternate days to see what happens, and then go on from there.

Ideally what I would like is to eventually get Pereg down to 50mg TID but that will, of course, depend on her seizure frequency.
  6. Brandykins

Brandykins Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Rosemary
    Last year the vet put Loki on a lesser dose and she started taking multiple fits again, so I changed them back to her her normal dosage as I just couldn't bear to have her go back to the amount of fits she once had.

Hugs to Pereg xx
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    We did it the other way round as after she broke her wonderful long streak she started having more and more frequent seizures so we upped and upped her dosage. It made no difference to the frequency or severity of her seizures but her blood serum Pb level went up and was over the top.

So I started reducing her Pb slowly and got her back to the 65mg TID she was last April, and when tested three months after the raised level test her blood serum Pb level was back to what it was. The slow reduction made no difference to her seizure frequency so it is worth trying, again very slowly, to see if we can go lower her Pb just a fraction.

Her main problem is the severity and violence of her seizures so if we can get her to once every 3-4 weeks then that will be the best we can do.

hugs backatcha from us two to you two! xx

Incidentally, today is Epilepsy Awareness Day so both Pereg and I are wearing purple to mark it. :)