Photos, maybe.. Photos

Discussion in 'Akita' started by who owns who, Jun 3, 2018.

1. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    They do have a similar look. Both my dogs often use the floor as a pillow...
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. AnilKaraduman

AnilKaraduman New Member

Name:
    Anil
    Thanks, tried with what i got around the house. He is crying when we leave though :D even didnt touch his food cuz of panicking. İ need some advice about the transition house to yard
  4. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I would suggest you start a thread about transitioning him from house to yard. I’m a little confused.. is he crying when you leave him in the house, or was he okay with being left in the house but now cries when you leave him outside while you are gone? I’m not sure how old your pup is but he’s pretty young. It’s not that much different then leaving a young child at home. He may just be too young to be left for long.

I remember one of the first time my parents left me at home alone, don’t remember how old I was, but I heard “noises” outside, and I called an adult neighbor who came over and walked around the house and said there is nothing out there... I think I felt better, lol.

I’d say start with short times and slowly extend how long you leave him. I’m certainly no expert about separation anxiety. My first Akita had horrible separation anxiety because when I got him I had 2 elderly dogs, so I took him almost everywhere with me so that he wouldn’t bug them. As he got a bit older I’d leave him with them some, and even more after one had to be pts. Once the other one had to be pts he just wouldn’t have anything to do with being left alone, as he had never been and he was probably at least 3 years old. He would poop in the house out of stress, usually on something I liked.... And it was cold airing out the house in winter.. I didn’t have fencing at that time so leaving him outside when I out wasn’t an option. He didn’t really wonder though, so if I was home I didn’t worry about him taking off. I have fencing now. I personally think it’s better and more secure to leave dogs in the house while out.

When I only had the one dog I started with short times and slowly stretched out the time. When I got the 2nd dog she seemed relatively content because her big brother was relaxed about being left. Now I can leave them all day if need be, but it takes time. Don’t know if this helped much. Like I said, start a thread and you’ll get some good advice from others, and then it will be there for people to find and read in the future.