Pictures of your Dogs Photos

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Emm, Oct 23, 2005.

1. tjhoe68

tjhoe68 New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    She's beautiful and a real credit to you hun :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. wufflehoond

wufflehoond

Name:
    XXXXX
    Thanks so much Tjhoe for the kind comments.:grin:
  4. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    I didn't know that Snorri. Shaan had his name when I got him, but the 'Storm' bit figures. He's like a hurricane :lol:

Ironic that I also have one called Storm too, guess that would mean Shaan in Gaelic.

Part of my Irish heritage coming out I guess :grin:
  5. Foxy

Foxy

Name:
    F

Thanks Wufflehoond :grin: :grin: :grin:
  6. Foxy

Foxy

Name:
    F

Thanks TJ - its so nice to know that people on here understand what we go through when we lose our dogs isn't it. If he had lived until old age it wouldn't have been so bad but nearly 6 is hardly any age at all and the youngest I have ever lost any dog :-(

I love the pictures of your Barney - he is one gorgeous boy :smt049 :smt049 :smt049
  7. wufflehoond

wufflehoond

Name:
    XXXXX
    No problem Foxy:)
    Lets just face it...we have the most gorgeous fur babies around.:grin:
  8. tjhoe68

tjhoe68 New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Foxy, it must have been hard to lose him so young. You're right, 6 is still very young, guess I was lucky to have had Sheba for 11 years!

Thanks :grin: I think Barney's a babe :grin: :grin: :grin: but then, I'm biased :lol: It's nice to know other people think he is too :grin:
  9. Snorri the Priest

Snorri the Priest New Member

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    Not twins, but genetically very close! As well as being half-brothers (same mum), Kali is also Snorri's uncle (Kali's litter-brother Roy got norty with his own mum! :shock: :shock: :shock: ) and the easiest way of telling them apart is by their collar colours - Snorri has a red collar, a red bed and a red toothbrush. Kali's things are blue. The different collars were to help my sister's kids telll them apart, and everything else just seemed to fall into place afterwards!

As puppies, it was nearly impossible...........

[​IMG]
    Kali, at about 3 months (can't remember his exact age at the time of the pic)

[​IMG]
    Snorri, at about the same age, I think.

I suppose I ought to be glad that they weren't both puppies at the same time, or I might still be calling them by the wrong names!

Snorri
    :lol:
  10. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    Lol Snorri! I love the "red" and "blue" bit"! Luckily I don't have to do that, coz one of mine is black and the other white, otherwise I might have had a problem!

Those pictures of your boys as pups are absolutely gorgeous, I really love these dogs now since joining this club, they really are the most adorable puppies. I can actually see the difference now, but I suspect Snorri has got his right eye shut (is he winking at you Snorri?!)so that's probably why. Good job they aren't mine as they would definitely get called by the wrong names, even with their red and blue collars. I even call one of my dogs Sacha sometimes, who I lost years ago! Thanks for sharing those lovely pics Snorri, they are adorable, and of course very, very clever too.
  11. tjhoe68

tjhoe68 New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Awww, snorri they are gorgeous :grin: I think I would have trouble telling them apart too :lol:
  12. BrandieSnap

BrandieSnap New Member

Name:
    Suzie
    They are both gorgeous Snorri :grin: And their markings are really similar :shock: I love the red and blue idea :lol: :lol:
    I would definately need to do that!

Can you tell them apart by their personalities?

I have photos of my mums old german shepherds and I can't tell them apart. They're not even related :roll:
  13. Snorri the Priest

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    Definitely different personalities! Kali's attitude to anybody new is "CHARGE!!!!!", whilst Snorri prefers to keep back a few feet and bark!

Snorri is very affectionate at all times, but Kali thinks he's too macho for the "affection thing" (in fact, he's a big girls blouse - looks tough, but is a wet paper bag most of the time).

Snorri's coay is softer, too, which makes it easier to tell which one is trying to push me out of bed! Their "voices" are different, too, and I can tell which one is asking to get out!

Snorri
    :lol:
  14. BrandieSnap

BrandieSnap New Member

Name:
    Suzie
    Aww your dogs sound fantastic, lots of fun :grin:

It sounds like you know them really well :lol:
  15. tjhoe68

tjhoe68 New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    I put some pics in the main gallery but thought I'd put these 2 in here :grin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. Snorri the Priest

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    I studied animal behaviour at uni (no specific animal, just general), so I watch them a lot, to try to work out why they do what they do (good or bad), so that I can have a stab at correcting the naughty things, or make use of the good traits. Not always successfully, I have to admit, but usually more hit than miss!

As a result, I have a pretty good idea of what makes them tick, individually. Mind you, I spend far more time watching them being beautiful than I do psychoanalysing them - after all, that's part of the reason I got them! I get the impression that they try to analyse me even more (to work out what they can get away with!)

Snorri
    :grin:

PLEASE NOTE - I MAKE NO CLAIMS TO BE ANY KIND OF DOG BEHAVIOURIST! - that's far too complex for a dweeb like me!
  17. BrandieSnap

BrandieSnap New Member

Name:
    Suzie

I'm sure they've got you completely sussed too :lol: :lol:
    It must be great to just watch them they are beautiful dogs.

Gorgeous photos tjhoe. Such a friendly looking face :grin:
  18. tjhoe68

tjhoe68 New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Thanks Brandiesnap :grin:

I agree, your boys have probably got you well sussed Snorri :lol:
  19. maplecottage

maplecottage New Member

Heck they are almost identical :shock: That's amazing really - not surprised colour coding has come in handy!

20. BrandieSnap

BrandieSnap New Member

Name:
    Suzie
    I made the mistake of leaving Brandie alone with the bed I'd made up for my mum in the front room :shock:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She looks guilty in the first one but then I think she decided not to care :roll: :lol:
  21. tjhoe68

tjhoe68 New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Awwww, that's such a cute pic :smt049

Bet ya couldn't turf her off :grin: :lol: