Pictures of your Dogs Photos

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Emm, Oct 23, 2005.

1. BrandieSnap

BrandieSnap New Member

Name:
    Suzie

No I left her there :)
    She looked so comfortable that I folded up an old duvet on her own bed :blush:
    She's so spoilt!!! :roll:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    I love that first pic of Barney, he's such a handsome boy, such a beautiful face and his colour is fantastic. I assume he's asking for a biscuit in that pic too!?

Brandie looks so cute all curled up on your Mum's bed there, I could just give her a massive big cuddle. I love cuddling them when they're sleeping like that, well she would have been asleep if you hadn't disturbed her Brandie! I'm glad you spoil her too, coz that's what we've got them for isn't it???? I spoil mine rotten! As long as they're both good and behave themselves when asked, why not spoil them, that's what I say!
  4. tjhoe68

tjhoe68 New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Brandiesnap, I don't blame you hun I would have done the same :grin: Good on you for spoiling her :grin: Barney gets a little spoilt too :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Helen :grin: Believe it or not, he was asking for more playtime :lol: :lol: :lol: and yes, he got it :lol: :lol: Daddy couldn't resist that face :grin: :grin: :grin:
  5. royv

royv New Member

Name:
    Roy
    Before: [​IMG]

After: [​IMG]
  6. BrandieSnap

BrandieSnap New Member

Name:
    Suzie
    Wow, a he's gorgeous dog Royv!!
    Such a sweet looking face :grin:

The pups are adorable peeking over the board :smt049
  7. tjhoe68

tjhoe68 New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Awwwww, them puppies are soooo cute and what a handsome chappie he is now :smt049 :grin:
  8. wufflehoond

wufflehoond

Name:
    XXXXX
    Gorgeous pics Royv, Cassie thinks he's lovely:grin:
  9. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    What a handsome boy he is, and I'm just loving those pups peeking over that board, so sweet.
  10. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    FAB pictures everyone - what a gorgeous bunch of dogs :grin:

Here are my two ...

"Flame" the longcoat GSD bitch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Moss" my working sheepdog

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    Wow! What a gorgeous pretty girl Flame is! :grin: She's still very young by the looks of her, she's just fantastic! :grin:

Moss is a handsome boy too, and I like to hear he works for his keep! :grin:
  12. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty

Thanks for your comments :grin: Flame is my "once in a lifetime" dog - we have such a close bond. She will be 4 on the 2nd December.

LOL - Moss doesn't actually earn his keep but as he is from strong working lines, I decided it would be unfair to deny him of his right to herd the woolly ones and so we do it for fun :)

Everyone's dogs are sooooo lovely - I am really enjoying reading about all the dogs and seeing their photos. ALL dogs are great, but the pastoral shepherd/collie breeds "do it" for me :)
  13. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    I know what you mean about that one! Cassie is my "once in a lifetime" special bond too, she has been my shadow since she was a tiny puppy coming up to the stables with me every day, to shopping down the town, she came with me everywhere! I don't take her everywhere now though (worried about her getting stolen!) but I still have that very special bond with her, that I really don't think I have ever had or will have again with any other dog - she's my baby! :grin: Georgie (my 1st rescue, the white one) although he is the kindest most adorable dog, he lacks in the personality department and I do love a dog with a great character that bonds with you. I also think it is more noticeable in the g.s.d. breed to have that certain bonding, but that's just my opinion having had 6 of them now, as well as other breeds. I just adore them, they are definitely the dog for me. :grin:
  14. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Have just been reading about your incredible bond with Cassie in "your favourite bits" thread. Cassie sounds like one heck of a dog - just wonderful. I agree with you that GSDs really do bond with their owners and you seem to have a really close/special connection. Flame seems to understand me and how I am feeling without any words passing between us - with just a look, it is very hard to explain. My collie, Moss, is a fabulous boy and I love him to bits but I am definitely a GSD girl through and through, and will always have at least one. I have always had shepherds before and Moss is my first collie, so he is quite an experience but I am learning a lot from him and Flame loves her little bro ;-)
  15. Snorri the Priest

Snorri the Priest New Member

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    When I lived in Edinburgh, I had a blind folkinger mate whose guide dog was a GSD called "Negus". As well as looking magnificent, Negus would never, ever take his eyes off Bill, but would park himself somewhere with a good view of his man, and just lie there, watching, rarely even blinking, even in a pub heaving with folks in various stages of intoxication. He'd accept stroking and patting, but he would NOT shift his gaze even a little bit.

Bonded? Yes, I'd say so.

Snorri
    8)
    (feeling lucky to have known some fantastic dogs, over the years!)
  16. BrandieSnap

BrandieSnap New Member

Name:
    Suzie
    Your dogs are both gorgeous Moobli :grin:
    It's lovely that you have such a great bond with Flame. She is very beautiful.
  17. tjhoe68

tjhoe68 New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    GSD's definately do it for me too and I will always have them. They really are the best breed IMO :grin: It's Dave really who has that special bond with Barney although he does love me to bits too and he does have an extremely close bond with my 3yr old daughter :grin: He fusses over my baby boy too :lol:

I'm yabbering on here sorry :blush:

Flame is absolutely stunning and her b/day is the same as my son's :grin: Moss is gorgeous too :grin: I love the pastoral breeds, ya can't beat 'em :grin:
  18. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    Snorri, that's exactly what my Cassie is like, she never takes her eyes off me, and just like your friend's dog, if I stop to chat with somebody up on the green, she moves off to the middle of the green somewhere and just sits there, watching and watching my every move! Why she can't do that sitting beside me I really don't know, she has to move away to do it!

Thanks for your kind comments Moobli, you must know exactly what I mean about this dog, she really is something very special. My mum says she is human that dog! Lol!

tj, I know exactly what you mean about Barney bonding with the whole family, as mine are exactly the same, I'm sure they are just as fond of my hubby as they are me, although probably not as scared of him (he is the quiet one!) I always though they said gsd's were a one-person dog, but I strongly displute that, I just think they are a one household dog, and love all members of the family equally, and protect every one of them wouldn't they.
  19. tjhoe68

tjhoe68 New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Helen, you are right about GSD's protecting the whole family. I know Barney would lay down his life to protect any one of us but then again, I would do the same for him just as I would for my kids :grin: I'm usually quite shy and don't like to make a scene but someone threatenedto bite Barney a couple of weeks ago. He was playing with Barney and Barney started mouthing him just like he does with OH and he said he was gonna bite him. Well the air went blue as I won't have anyone hurt my dog, especially when it was his fault for winding him up. :x I told him in no uncertain terms that if he bites my dog I'd knock him out!!!
  20. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    lol tj!!! You're quieeeet!! :smt021:smt021 That's fighting talk! Lol! :lol: I know what you mean, I would be the same, I am very protective over my dogs (I was over my horse too) as they are over me, maybe that's what bonding is all about hey! :grin:
  21. tjhoe68

tjhoe68 New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Yep definately helen :grin: I am quiet until my family are threatened then i turn into a she devil :twisted: :lol: