Pigeon chest in french bulldog General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Sandra Watson, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Sandra Watson

Sandra Watson New Member

Name:
    Sandra Watson

Pigeon chest in french bulldog

Hi, does anybody have any experience with pigeon chest in dogs please? Have recently purchased a french bulldog and noticed his chest was deformed, vet has confirmed it is pigeon chest but could not tell me if it will or won’t cause problems later, I would like to hear from someone that has experienced it first hand to gain some insight into what to expect in the future. The breeder has said I can return the dog but would rather not if he will live a healthy life
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Not a Frenchie, but I remember that was what I thought a very good article in the US magazine, Show Beagle Quarterly some time ago. I hope this link works ...

No it doesn't! Could you Google Beagle, Pigeon Chest, and scroll down till you come to, SBQ article chest - Show Beagle Quarterly Magazine.
    You will find that you can click on a downloadable pdf file, which is the original magazine article.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  5. Sandra Watson

Sandra Watson New Member

Name:
    Sandra Watson
    Thank you, the article is really informative but I hoping to speak to somebody that had lived it that could reassure me if their dog was ok as they grew. So torn on what to do with this little pup, he is lovely but don’t want to keep him if we are going to run into problems within the first year because it would be heartbreaking for us all
  6. Sandra Watson

Sandra Watson New Member

Name:
    Sandra Watson
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Thanks @Malka - I had two goes at it but think I was doing www. Too old to make sense of new tech!
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Sorry @Sandra Watson
    I think it will depend on just how short or how narrowed the ribcage is. I am pleased to hear the breeder's response though, there are so many exploiters in this breed currently.
    I hope you get a response, if not, have you thought of contacting the FB Breed Health Co-ordinator. The secretary of the breed club will have the contact details.
  9. Natalie Singers

Natalie Singers New Member

Name:
    NatalieS
    Hi Sandra, I wondered how you got on with this? We have recently discovered our frenchie is pigeon chested