Pitbull advertisment. General Chat

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by Sal, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally

Pitbull advertisment.

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Amie

Amie New Member

Name:
    Vicki
    What a crappy bit of reporting a 4 week old Killer Dog what a Pra**

Also he should be done for buying a illegal Dog.

Maybe he should have reported it to the police before contacting the Breeder again what are the chances those Poor pups and bitch are still at the same place.

God this jumping on the Band wagon makes me so BL**DY Mad
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2007
  4. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Am confused!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Old Thyme Bulldogs were differnet breeds altogether.. I also thought American Staffs were different.. and that Pit Bulls were a breed..

I think I could just about manage to identify a staffy... unless all these others look like one of them too..
  5. Steve

Steve New Member

Name:
    Steven-i guess that suprised you...
    More gutter press journalism stirring up hatred for a breed which i bet a high percentage of their readers know very little about.:roll:

The Mirror will no doubt pride themselves on exposing a "vital security flaw",but this is simply entrapment and not even the Police are allowed to do this.This puppy could still be a AmStaff and the breeders knew they could command much more money by claiming its a Pittbull riding on the back of recent media reports.As for the chickens-my dog given the chance would kill them like most would,but i suppose it sounds more scary to someone who dont own a dog...

Disgusting behaviour which no doubt will lead to the dogs death.:-(
  6. Tee

Tee New Member

Name:
    Tee lol
    This is why I don't buy that crap, it's pure rubbish in them.

As for the AmStaff stuff, I was a bit confused about it earlier. I did a bit of research online and found that the AmStaffs were the show versions of the pits. How true this is, I'm not sure but it's what I read. I then wondered if it would be legal to have one in the UK, since it's not actually a pit. I looked at the leaflet on the 4 dangerous dogs which states that if you have an American Staffordshire Terrier, there is no guarantee that it will not be taken from you, even if you have papers. Apparently, they may be considered to be pitbull type. Either way, poor lil puppy.
  7. cuzbull

cuzbull New Member

The subject has already been posted.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2007
  8. cuzbull

cuzbull New Member

Sorry meant to say what i had wrote had already been posted.
  9. MistyBlue

MistyBlue

Name:
    no
    oh for god sake!! its not the bloody dogs fault its the people who keep them and train them as fighters!!!

i really do not like the press, what with devil dogs and to fat to thin, and all other stuff they ram down our throats!!

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

my uncle had a pitbull cross staffi, it died about 4 years ago, and it was 17 when it died, it was the lovelyest cutest funniest dog ever! would lick you to death!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2007
  10. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    How sad, how a 4 week old dog can be a killer is beyond me. Whatever will happen to that poor pup now? :(
  11. Amie

Amie New Member

Name:
    Vicki

If it is a P/B I think it will have to be pts:-( although that is very sad its not going to suffer what its litter mate know doubt will:-(

OH I really hate the people that make these poor animals suffer so much:evil:
  12. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci

This is one of my 'Olde Tyme Bulldogges' and as you can see it's impossible to confuse him with a Pitbull :)

[​IMG]

To get round advertising 'illegal' breeds Pitbulls are commonly advertised as 'Olde Tyme Bulldogges'...And it really makes me cross :evil: :evil:
  13. teenytiny

teenytiny New Member

Name:
    *sammy*
    American Pitbull Terriers and American Staffs are both registered as 'Pitbulls' under the United Kennel Club :evil:
  14. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    Yep, dual registered the Am Staff is the show type version of the Pitbull :)
  15. teenytiny

teenytiny New Member

Name:
    *sammy*
    Smashing looking dog. How does he get on with your poodle x ? :lol:
  16. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    He's a really good dog (one of the best behaved kindest natured dogs I have ever owned) gets on with most dogs, having a few problems with him at the moment with him & an AB puppy although it's nothing that won't fix with time the puppy is just too boucy and quick for him :lol:
  17. teenytiny

teenytiny New Member

Name:
    *sammy*
    My British Bulldog didn't like puppies for the same reason. He wouldn't show any agression towards them, he would just walk off and sulk :roll: Mine was the best natured dog ive ever owned, miss him like crazy :-(
  18. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    I bet, I owned 'British' Bulldogs before I owned 'Olde Tymes' must admit still love them, still miss having one around but I don't think I will ever own another love my 'Olde Tymes' too much :)
  19. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    You certainly can't confuse him with a pitbull. He's gorgeous. That's exactly the type I'm looking for in a bulldog but I haven't had much luck.
    Becky
  20. IanIOW

IanIOW New Member

What a load of rubbish, but to sell newspapers these so called reporters will go to any lengths possible.I did not see any mention of Olde Tyme Bulldogges though. This is what was mentioned...

It stated: "Blue brindle, blue fawn, pure American staffs sired by clashes buster blue import mother blue fawn 2 boys 3 girls really nice pups big and chunky will be 22/23 inch when adult very athletic type personal protection dogs will be real head turners the real old tyme type not the usual rubbish not to be missed deposits now being taken no withheld numbers please."

What you do get is people advertising as Olde Tyme Bulldogges is what can only be descibed as a first cross whether it be Dogue x Bulldog,AB x Bulldog to name a few with no thought or breed programme behind it what so ever.I fully agree with Nicci L on this one and it is very infuriating to be associated with these other "types". I have even phoned up just out of interest some of these adverts in the past only to be told that they will turn out like my own dog, and have my own dog actually named just because she is fairly well known in the Olde Tyme breed circles. Selling poor quality dogs is one thing but to use my dog as a sales tool is far from acceptable.....Cheers...Ian..
  21. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    Yep, it really gets my back up too I recently saw an Advert in our local rag a few weeks back for 'Olde Tyme Bulldogges' phoned them up out of intrest as you do as it's always nice to hear from other people in the breed, only to be told on the phone they were American Bulldogs...WHY? :twisted: :twisted: