Pitbull advertisment. General Chat

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by Sal, Jan 6, 2007.

1. IanIOW

IanIOW New Member

Probably for the simple reason that some publications will not accept adverts for AB's with the E & M probably being the main one. Just another way of milling pups i'm afraid to say....Cheers..Ian..
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. teenytiny

teenytiny New Member

Name:
    *sammy*
    Personally, I don't think people should be breeding these bull breeds without having a call for them first.

They are a strong hardy breed, especially the AB and they shouldn't be taken on by a first time owner IMO

If you are going to breed a litter of AB you should have your buyers waiting before the conception has even taken place. That way there is no need to stick cheesey ads in local papers for any old tom dick or harry to come and get from you.

My friend has just bred a litter of AB's and he has 9 buyers waiting for his pups. 2 of those buyers are coming from absolute miles for 1 of his dogs. His dog has had 12 pups, sadly he lost a few due to the mother laying on them shortly after they were born :-( but I take my hat off to him coz he got those buyers BEFORE he even mated the dogs.
  4. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    I know some publications won't accept AB's although the one I saw the 'OTB's' being advertised in advertises American Bulldogs every other week which is why I couldn't understand them advertising them as OTB's when I was told they were American Bulldogs, kind of makes me wonder wether they actually were AB's..whatever their reasoning behind it, it made me so angry, using the OTB in such a way to advertise them. I even called up the paper all they asked me to do was to cut out the advert and keep it if any there was any need at some point in the future to contact trading standards..can't think why they would ask me to do that when it would be on all their computer records anyway :roll:
  5. IanIOW

IanIOW New Member

That is strange then....Cheers..Ian..
  6. Mel

Mel New Member

Name:
    Melody
    I don't think ANYONE should breed any puppies with there being a call for them!!

Just as it should be ..with anyone and any breed
  7. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    This is where trouble will begin, like staffy x and irish staffords breed names being used for pit crosses or pitbulls
    Its horrid that the OTB breed name is now being used to sell pups which are not that breed

Peddlers/Puppy Farmers/Morans a few words spring to mind
  8. sky_high_bluest

sky_high_bluest New Member

Name:
    dave
    The am staff is the pit bull as stated by the American kennel club “As the breed moved to America the names Pitdog and Pitbull Terrier stuck. However, American breeders wanted an animal heavier than the British breed, hence the name American Staffordshire Terrier. This is the breed commonly referred to a Pit Bull.” so if this is true, which it is!, why oh why did the “EXPERTS” lol who drew up the DDA not ban the am staff? Ah perhaps it’s because they did not have a clue about the animals they were condemning?
  9. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    Am staffs are banned in the uk, i think the am staff falls under pitbull type? or am i wrong
  10. Stamford

Stamford New Member

Name:
    Steve
    Perhaps its because they don't have a clue full stop. Its outrageous that that this poor puppy and thousands like it are going to be put to sleep or owned by morons who think that walking around with a dog makes them look hard,just because the laws in this country are so confusing and inadequate.Which leads people to include all Bull breeds when they are talking about the APBT.Disgusting.:evil:
  11. Stamford

Stamford New Member

Name:
    Steve
    Hayley AmStaff is just the show name of APBT in the USA. So yes the AStaff is banned here.
  12. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    HI stamford (happy new year)
    I know that mate, but i was refering to sky highest

why oh why did the “EXPERTS” lol who drew up the DDA not ban the am staff? Ah perhaps it’s because they did not have a clue about the animals they were condemning?

just stating that the am staff is banned in the uk
  13. Stamford

Stamford New Member

Name:
    Steve
    Lol,Sorry Hayley,misread what you meant.Happy new year to you too.
  14. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    no need for sorries and thank u
  15. sky_high_bluest

Name:
    dave
    if you contact the american kennel club they will tell you there is no such breed as a pit bull terrier it's just the name that the am staff became known as! the following is taken from the american kennel clubs "breed history for the am staff"
    "Some writers contend it was the white English Terrier, or the Black-and-Tan Terrier, that was used as a cross with the Bulldog to perfect the Staffordshire Terrier. It seems easier to believe that any game terrier, such as the Fox Terrier of the early 1800s, was used in this cross, since some of the foremost authorities on dogs of that time state that the Black-and-Tan and the white English Terrier were none too game, but these same authorities go on to stress the gameness of the Fox Terrier. It is reasonable to believe that breeders who were attempting to perfect a dog that would combine the spirit and agility of the terrier with the courage and tenacity of the Bulldog, would not use a terrier that was not game. In analyzing the three above-mentioned terriers at that time, we find that there was not a great deal of difference in body conformation, the greatest differences being in color, aggressiveness, and spirit.

In any event, it was the cross between the Bulldog and the terrier that resulted in the Staffordshire Terrier, which was originally called the Bull-and-Terrier Dog, Half and Half, and at times Pit Dog or Pit Builterrier. Later, it assumed the name in England of Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

These dogs began to find their way into America as early as 1870, where they became known as Pit Dog, Pit Bull Terrier, later American Bull Terrier, and still later as Yankee Terrier.

In 1936, they were accepted for registration in the AKC Stud Book as Staffordshire Terriers. The name of the breed was revised effective January 1, 1972 to American Staffordshire Terrier. Breeders in this country had developed a type which is heavier in weight than the Staffordshire Bull Terrier of England and the name change was to distinguish them as separate breeds."

the am staff is not named as banned under the DDA but a none existent breed, namely the "pit bull" is? this just highlights the Stupidity and ignorance of the people who put this DDA together! They, as stated earlier, simply did not have a clue! I now fear for the safety of my little loving Irish staff Saffie! Where will this all end! Kill all the bull breeds one by one? Then what will the morons move on to next? Hunting dogs? Or retrievers? the dogo is on the ban list? why? it's a hunting dog and has never been used as a fighting dog! this also highlights the afore mentioned stupidity. sorry about the rant but I am at the moment really worried about my litte dog!
  16. Stamford

Stamford New Member

Name:
    Steve
    Spot on Sky_high. All of us Bull breed owners are worried at the moment.You wouldn't believe how many times i have been told that Ossie is a APBT,just because his ears have no drop like a majority of Staffies.This uncertainty has to be sorted out some way or another or else like you i fear thousands of innocent loving pets will be destroyed through no fault of themselves or their owners.
  17. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    The Am Staff IS banned under the DDA. The DDA just hasn't been enforced, they should never have been brought into the country.
    Becky
  18. Tee

Tee New Member

Name:
    Tee lol

Yep, it says that if you bring an AmStaff in the country, even with papers, there is no guarantee that the dog will be safe. They advise that you don't bring them into the country for this reason.
  19. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    The Dogo is quite possibly on the 'banned' list because it's a breed based on the 'Cordoba Fighting Dog' which is now extinct these extinct dogs were bred for both hunting and fighting :)
  20. ragga_dood

ragga_dood New Member

Name:
    Ragga_dood
    quote from molosser world

"The Pit Bull Terrier have the same history as the American Staffordshire Terrier, until the year 1936, when the AKC recognized the Am. Staff. These first "Pit Bulls" in America was brought by English and Irishmen, moving to their new country for seeking a better and more wealthy life. In America fanciers of these dogs wanted a larger and heavier dog that the orginal British Staffordshire Bull Terrier, hence the development towards the size of the modern Pit Bull Terrier.

In 1898 Chauncy Bennet started the United Kennel Club (UKC) with the sole purpose to registry the Pit Bull, since the breed not were registered when the AKC was established in 1884."

http://www.moloss.com/brd/ab/b010/b010c/history.html

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
  21. sky_high_bluest

Name:
    dave
    that isn't a ban on amstaffs! it's just advice. it's at the Discretion of the Individual or individuals dealing with your Application.