Pitbull advertisment. General Chat

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by Sal, Jan 6, 2007.

1. sky_high_bluest

sky_high_bluest New Member

Name:
    dave
    pit bull was a term used at this time (1800's) to discribe a whole host of different breeds! it's NOT a breed by right it's a slang term used for fighting dogs! and should not be used in this day and age to describe am staffs, Irish staffs, cane corrso, dogos or any other bull breed unless it can be proved that those dog have been used in such a barbaric "sport" as dog fighting!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    But Am Staffs were originally 'fighting dogs'..

Taken from The Official Am Staff Website :)
  4. ragga_dood

ragga_dood New Member

Name:
    Ragga_dood
    "pit bull was a term used at this time (1800's) to discribe a whole host of different breeds!",
    I agree totally, any pit fighting bull terriers were called pit bulls.
    "it's NOT a breed by right it's a slang term used for fighting dogs!"
    if this is completely true, why are some Am.Staffs dually registered as American Pitbulls with different organisations that apparently do recognise it as a breed, i.e. United Kennel Club, UKC

"and should not be used in this day and age to describe am staffs, Irish staffs, cane corrso, dogos or any other bull breed unless it can be proved that those dog have been used in such a barbaric "sport" as dog fighting!"

if this is also correct, again, why are Am Staffs dually registered as pitbulls by their owners if the breed doesn't exist.
  5. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    Just found this..

Taken from Bulldog Breeds..
  6. sky_high_bluest

Name:
    dave
    the breed name is American staffordshire the slang term used in the 1800's was pit bull or pit dog this term was used for a whole host of other breeds it some how stuck with the AMERICAN STAFFORDSHIRE, also i must point out that it was actualy the staffordshire bull terrier at this time! and not the amstaff that cam much later! the only offical name change is from staffordshire bull terrier to American staffordshire bull terrier the American kennel club has never called the amstaff an American pit bull terrier and will never call it by this name. just because another kennel club chooses to call an amstaff the discussing name of PIT BULL doesn't make it a true breed name!! yes amstaffs were used or have been used for fighting but this doesn't meen you have the right to call all amstaffs pit dogs! lots of staffys have been used for fighting but that doesn't make all staffys pit bull does it? we all need to drop the name pit bull! as dog lovers we should not recognise such slang!
  7. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    Pitbulls are also called Bulldogs in the states..(which in my opinion is completely wrong) maybe they should drop that in the states too so people do not get confused..The Amstaff and the Pitbull are more or less the same breed (only the name split because of fanciers) Ragga has more or less confirmed this...many Amstaff and Pitbull owners say more or less the same thing.
  8. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    pitbulls in the early days where called bulldogs or bull and terrier in the UK!
    Pit dog and Pit Bulls where also used for staffords, english bull terriers and american pitbull terriers!

I guess its just down to terms but to save confusion best to use breed names when bsl and dda are in full force!
  9. Stamford

Stamford New Member

Name:
    Steve
    Now that is one of the most sensible suggestions i have read.

The b**llsh*t DDA just fools all the anti dog brigade into thinking all us Bull Breed owners are raising devil dogs,so lets not give it any credence by argueing among ourselves what is and what isn't a particular breed of dog.
  10. ragga_dood

ragga_dood New Member

Name:
    Ragga_dood
    quote: "just because another kennel club chooses to call an amstaff the discussing name of PIT BULL doesn't make it a true breed name!!"

I can counter that by saying "just because another kennel club chooses not to recognise the breed doesn't mean the breed doesn't exist!"

AMERICAN PITBULL TERRIERS ARE REAL DOGS. IT IS A BREED, AND A VERY OLD ONE AT THAT! THEY HAVE BEEN REGISTERED WITH THE UKC SINCE 1884. IT IS SPECIFICALLY NAMED ON THE DDA AS A TYPE OF DOG, AS IS THE TOSA, DOGO AND FILA BRASILIERO ARE!

MAX - AMERICAN PITBULL TERRIER

[​IMG]

Both Max's parents were imported from the States, with full pedigrees!
  11. Tee

Tee New Member

Name:
    Tee lol
    Yes...which means that if you DO bring one into the country, it may be taken from you. Not an outright ban but that reads like a warning.
  12. sky_high_bluest

Name:
    dave
    i agree! subject dropped! and thankyou all for your opinions and views
  13. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie New Member

Name:
    Anne-Marie
    Back on-topic - I just wanted to say how extremely sad I am to read that these dogs are being bred by such unscrupulous and uncaring people.:cry:

Four weeks old and already condemned to death, I don't know which is more sad that fact or the realization that it's littermates may suffer a worse fate and be trained to fight to entertain such louts.:cry: :cry: :cry:

Makes you ashamed to be human:smt009 :smt090
  14. bullterrier

bullterrier New Member

Name:
    Stefan
    If you didn`t like that piece of journalism send the person concerned an e-mail at jclements@mirror.co.uk.
    I did, I`m now waiting a reply. If I get one I`ll be surprised, although mine was full of decent and qualified information I couldn`t help putting in a hint of sarcasm. It was deserved.
    Thought the article that journalist wrote was s**t of the lowest order, pure sensationalism and told them so whilst pointing out a few facts.
  15. DobieGirl

DobieGirl New Member

Name:
    Natalie
    Oh what a horrible story, I do hope the pup will be ok