pitt bulls General Chat

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by teenytiny, Oct 29, 2006.

1. teenytiny

teenytiny New Member

Name:
    *sammy*
    Beautiful dogs ragga :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. my own dogs

my own dogs New Member

Name:
    my own dogs
    no,no ! thats can never be a pitbull !
  4. teenytiny

teenytiny New Member

Name:
    *sammy*
    I have since been told that the American Bulldog x SBT makes a breed known as a 'Rough Cur' They were originally bred as hunting type dogs, they were sent in to catch their prey, and then the AB's were sent in to finish off the fight.

I am always getting asked if Georgie is a Pitbull. Here is a picture of him. He is 8wks old in this picture ( In my opinion he just looks like a staffy pup)
    [​IMG]

And here he is at 4mths old ( In my opinion he looks like a AB with a staffy body - look at those wrinkles ;-) )
    [​IMG]

What do you think????
  5. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    Cur dogs are a mixture of Black Mouth Cur, Mountain Cur, Plott Hound and Texas Blue Lacy with sometimes Pit Bull thrown in. Never a straight cross is used.
  6. teenytiny

teenytiny New Member

Name:
    *sammy*
    Sounds like your saying this as it's a fact that you know about these dogs...
    But infact, you have copied word for word what is written on the huntingdogos.com website:lol:
    Yes, cur dogs are a mixture of breeds, but as I said....'Rough' Curs were sometimes a breed from crossing an AB with a SBT :roll:
  7. teenytiny

teenytiny New Member

Name:
    *sammy*

You are correct in saying that CUR dogs are mixed breeds, but as I said in my above post....the ROUGH cur is a cross between a SBT and an AB
  8. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    I have my own website and mix with enough people in the USA that are 'in the know' infact theres a guy on my site that works these dogs, and another that works Blue Lacy's....I don't have to look at websites to know what these dogs are but obviously you like to take written words on websites as gospel. :lol:
  9. teenytiny

teenytiny New Member

Name:
    *sammy*
    Well how could I possibly know anything about ANY breed, as you obviously know all there is to know about all the breeds....

As I said in all of my above posts, I have a lot of my information from a breeder who has bred pitbulls years ago, and now breeds American Bulldogs.

Anyway, like I have stated in all my posts, this is a discussion thread about the breed, and not a thread about who knows the most :roll: to be honest, im not interested in the pibull, my loyalties lie with the AB, the SBT and the British Bulldog:!: I was just mearly staiting my opinion on the APBT, the same as everyone else has on here, but obviously mine was the only opinion you didn't like :!:
  10. Naomi

Naomi New Member

Name:
    Naomi
    Funny you should say that people ask you if Georgie is a PittBull cos I get asked that about Tilly (a purebred SBT) :shock: One person who asked me was someone who brags about their Aunt breeding staffords :roll:

I think your Georgie looks really cute especially with all his wrinkles :D
  11. Doggydina

Doggydina New Member

Name:
    Lisa
    Georgie is a darling :smt007 :smt007 :smt007
  12. teenytiny

teenytiny New Member

Name:
    *sammy*
    Strange isn't it. I don't think he even looks like a pitbull. He is very much AB in the facial features, and especially around the neck. He is much more wrinklier than a SBT. If you look at the 2nd picture I posted of him, his left ear is pitbull shaped, but nothing else is! Can you post a piccy of your SBT?
  13. teenytiny

teenytiny New Member

Name:
    *sammy*
    He is, he is :grin:
    I have owned many breeds before, but Georgie has got to be the best natured dog ive ever had - I know I shouldnt say that- but he is!
    I believe it is because Georgie was bred from 2 lovely natured dogs, both his parents are divine too :grin:
  14. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    georgie is so handsome
  15. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci

You know what I aint going to play tit for tat with someone like you, I saw a good friend of mine buried today life's too short move on!
  16. Naomi

Naomi New Member

Name:
    Naomi
    This is Tilly

[​IMG]
  17. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    tilly reminds me of bess, she is just beautiful
    Nicci im sorry to hear about your loss
  18. teenytiny

teenytiny New Member

Name:
    *sammy*
    Tilly sure is good looking!
    Wouldn't say she looks pitbull tho, she is SBT through and through!
  19. Missysmum

Missysmum New Member

Name:
    Suzanne
    TWINS !!!!! Here's Missy 8) [​IMG] I quite often get people asking me if she's " one of them pitbulls " !
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2007
  20. teenytiny

teenytiny New Member

Name:
    *sammy*
    Nudge nudge, wink wink!!!!

She's lovely!
  21. dee5dee

dee5dee New Member

Name:
    dee
    [​IMG]
    getting asked the same this is bruce at 11 weeks,think he very much like georgie,got him from a rescue centre so have no background on his parents but i do think they look alike.