Poor Malone Questions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by mjfromga, Mar 14, 2020.

1. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ

Poor Malone

Malone is still so mischievous... Unfortunately today he got into trouble.

I cannot know HOW he got ahold of this... But somehow he got ahold of a RAZOR and chewed it up. I noticed he was bleeding when he jumped on my bed. Took him downstairs to look at him, he was bleeding from the mouth and has a gash on his tongue.

Came back and begun to look and see what may have caused it, found the chewed razor. He seems to be okay, but the gash is sort of bad. I will keep an eye on him.

Not trying to go anywhere right now unless ABSOLUTELY necessary (COVID-19) but if it won't stop bleeding or seems to be causing him excess pain, I may have to go. 0314201000.jpg

His nose and muzzle is NOT bleeding, he keeps licking his tongue up there and thats why the blood is up there.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Can you telephone your vet and ask for advice Myra? I hope Master Mischief Malone will be OK.
  4. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I can. But I know what they will say...

BRING HIM IN. That is what they always say.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Sorry Myra - I keep forgetting that not all vets are like Ram. :oops:
  6. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    It is many hours later and the spot is still bleeding each time he does something with it. Drinks water, licks his paw, etc. I called my vet to make an appointment, she tells me they are BOOKED until Monday. She tells me he needs to be seen and refers me to the emergency vet that costs a ton.

I took Malone off his insurance plan a while ago because it really didn't cover anything and had a way too high deductible (like over $800). I suspect he might need a stitch or so, I'm discussing with a family member on what is best.

Still really don't want to be sitting in a busy emergency vet with the coronavirus all over the place. Gosh this sucks SO BAD. The timing is horrible.
  7. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    It stopped bleeding for a moment... You can see the gash on the lower left bit of the pic. Sort of bad.

Shot to show a vet in an email... This was after he drank some water (its 80° today).

Malone will be a year old in late May. He really is too old to be chewing up plastic and digging into things, ESPECIALLY since I give him all sorts of SAFE things to chew.

Don't know where he found that razor. I do not use that type of razor. It isn't even my razor. Frustrating little monster.

Attached Files:

8. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Oh bless him. That must be sore. I hope you get him sorted soon x
  9. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I ended up crating him and not feeding him or giving him water for a bit so it could clot. It did eventually and he is fine. I'm just happy that he obviously put the razor down as soon as he got cut and he only had one gash. He acts so bad... And it bewilders me that he got ahold of an unknown razor.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    If the razor did not come from anyone in your home then he must have picked it up outside - could it have fallen out of someone's garbage?
  11. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Me and my mother do not use blue razors. We use pink ones. My brother and father do not use razors at all. But I found the clear plastic RAZOR COVER chewed up as well as the entire razor chewed all over. Seemingly he got ahold of a BRAND NEW razor. I can't imagine where he got it from. Oh well. I'm just glad he is okay. I was quite worried for a while. He lost quite a bit of blood.
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It must have come from outside then - presumably your garbage is collected by a truck so maybe it just fell out when they went past. Or something. I regularly have to plonk around my yard with a picker-upper and a large garbage bag as all sorts of things end up in the yard - either blown in or dropped by someone walking past. Most of it is blown in though as my yard drops quite steeply from the road and when it is windy it all seems to be funneled down into either the front or the side yard.

I am happy to hear that Malone is OK now though - the trouble is that sometimes they never learn and just pick up anything that looks interesting.
  13. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    He does bad things but he seems to learn from them. After falling and hurting his toe in the backyard, he has never bolted all over like that in the backyard. After chewing a cord and shocking himself, he's never chewed a cord again. He clearly put the razor down as soon as it cut him, so hopefully he never picks up another one.