Post-op tips for my dog Questions

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by ohmymijibb, Feb 5, 2023.

1. ohmymijibb

ohmymijibb New Member

Name:
    Julia

Post-op tips for my dog

My dog will be having an ACL surgery on Monday. Has anyone of you ever had this experience? Can you give me some tips for his post-op. I found this site and it talks about ACL surgeries. Is this a reliable source? Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Lovely pets

Lovely pets New Member

Name:
    The Lovely pets
    Helidale likes this.
    Yes, I have had experience with ACL surgery for my dog. The most important thing to remember is to keep your dog calm and restrict activity for at least six weeks following the surgery. This means no running, jumping, or playing. You also need to make sure your dog is taking their medicine on time and as prescribed by the vet. The website you found looks to be a reliable source and has some great information about post-op care for ACL surgery. It's important to follow the vet's advice and the information from the website to ensure the best possible outcome for your dog.
  4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
  5. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    CaroleC likes this.
    I have a suspicion this is another case of advertising. For some reason there are many first time posters with dogs needing or just having surgery and they all seem to provide the same link...