Punish the Deed not the Breed - But How? Discussions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Alphatest, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    OFFS I missed it again,,,,,, Is it reapeted late on? you know how sky like to get there moneys worth out of a program
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pippin

Pippin New Member

Name:
    Su
    It will not matter what rules are put in place the the people who make dogs aggresive to fill there own short fall will flout the law, they are the ones that should be locked up not the dogs, these people are creating savage dogs delibaratly and that is what should be aganist the law not the ownership of any breed of dog..these dogs are a product of vile people they should be punished not the dogs,a short fix kill the dogs, ban the dogs,restrict the dogs will not work these people do not care about laws.
    The shelters are full now, if people have to start going to lessons before they own a dog well ..................
  4. bullterrier

bullterrier New Member

Name:
    Stefan
    I agree withyou totally pippin, it doesn`t matter what laws are passed by parliament. The low life element of society will carry on as before & the police will not enforce any new laws because they`re a nuisance. I remember hand guns being banned to make the country safer, but gun crime has risen drastically because the criminal element don`t care about what the law says.
    We must be careful what we hope for, i.e. dog licenses. Only the law abiding that will pay, meaning we`ll be out of pocket & what for, nothing, the criminals will carry on as per usual. The law abiding will be tied up with more red tape.
    I don`t disagree with the idea of a dog license, but inly if it`s cheap & the law is enforced on everybody including the criminal & low life element.
  5. Pippin

Pippin New Member

Name:
    Su
    I still hold out a No to dog licencing why should desent people have to pay to own a dog, little old ladies with yorkies nice people with two or more dogs just having a nice life, enough laws restricting the good and the poor let the law start working for these people and sort out the bad guys,
  6. Meganrose

Meganrose New Member

Name:
    Kath

Here, here...they never worked 1st time around..so why would they do so now?
  7. IanTaylor

IanTaylor

Name:
    Ian
    Well said :)
  8. gaz

gaz New Member

Name:
    Gary
    Dog licenses would be a good idea if the money raised could go to helping and protecting unloved dogs. trouble is to many people want to feather there own nests.
  9. Missysmum

Missysmum New Member

Name:
    Suzanne
    :idea: Just an idea ! How about a National advertising campaign on TV ? An advert , shown at peak viewing times . Titled maybe - " Dogs - Don't Let Yours Be A Danger ! " . Show scenes of dogs in different situations , eg. sleeping , eating , playing , unattended in a garden , out walking , or others. Using different breeds to highlight the fact that any dog can turn if provoked. Also emphasising the law relating to dogs and the responsibility of the owner to ensure their dog is not put in a threatening position in the first place. Something similar to the high impact ads currently being shown about road safety , house fires , drink driving , etc. Maybe a shot in the dark but it's an idea. It would get the message across to millions of people rather than just those who visit dog forums , dog shows or read dog magazines. :)
  10. IanTaylor

IanTaylor

Name:
    Ian

Sounds like a good idea to me... and perhaps they could back that up with a campaign hitting irresponsible dog owners hard.. just as they do with like Drink Driving blitz around Crimbo etc
  11. bullterrier

bullterrier New Member

Name:
    Stefan
    Now that is the Daddy of ideas, brilliant. The only downfall is government wouldn`t want to pay for it, the RSPCA are only interested in advertising for contributions(unless somebody knows something I don`t). On the whole though that is an excellent idea. It just needs to be pointed in the right direction , to somebody who actually would be willing to fund the idea & promote it.
    Personally I think this is excellent.
  12. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    :smt038 What a good idea, wish I had thought of that :smt019 lol,
    some times this type of add works very well, well done missymum, x shona x
  13. Missysmum

Missysmum New Member

Name:
    Suzanne
    Hey , Thanks :grin:. The idea just popped into my head from nowhere ! We should maybe think about getting a selection of dogs together and making our own film/ advert. Maybe it would take a while to get it right but it would be fun trying . Then maybe think about approaching TV with our final version. Any useful suggestions are more than welcome to start the ball rolling. (Does anyone know a producer :lol:).
  14. IanTaylor

IanTaylor

Name:
    Ian
    Ages ago, when I first joined Dogsey... I did mention it would be good to have a day sometime when we all could get together.. a kinda Dogsey day... maybe an anual event in a diff part of the country each year... some showed a bit of interest and I still reckon it would be posible.. and a lot of fun... but what it would also do.. is give a great opportunity for us all to promote our dogs... in a very positive way.... ????
  15. IHeartDoggyz

IHeartDoggyz

Name:
    gemma
    hi,BSL is something very close to my heart, it upsets and angers me a tHe same time!
    it is wrong to judge all pit bull type dogs on one or Several 'dangerous' pit bul!
    PITS like Staffies and most other breeds are just sooo willing to please their owners..if the owner teaches them to bite and to be agressive..they will do it!!..i ask.is that the dogs fault???? NO!
    Yes if the dog is dangerous and a danger to people ect..then it may have to be destroyed but how can ypou judge every single pit bull or the other breeds which are also suffering because of this stupid law.
    I would have no problem owning a pit bull, n yes i have children.. i have 2 staffies and a yorkie and my bloody yorkie is more a 'dangerous dog' than any of my staffs!!!
    [before i get slated no..my yorkie is not a danger to anyone!!!]
    Ive signed pettitions..wrote letters to important people..i will do anything i can to try and help these dogs!