Puppy for adoption; help me try to figure out his breed! ID this breed/mix

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Cadi, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Cadi

Cadi New Member

Name:
    Cadi
    You all have given me hope! Thank you so much! On Saturday I will be able to see the puppies as well as the mother, I will take pics and videos to get a better idea. I don't see much lab in the puppies either and I am starting to doubt their claims, I am quite aware of some shelters 'misinterpreting' a breed to attract attention (such as claiming labrador when it is obviously a pitbull!)

Even now, looking at the puppies the eyes are especially tiny and bully while the bridge of the nose for two of them is terrier like. Someone mentioned that it may be possible for the mom to have been impregnated by two different dogs.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    I wouldn't bother to try to work out what may lie behind them, their eyes don't look overly small.

Looking forward to Saturday & new photos
  4. Cadi

Cadi New Member

Name:
    Cadi
    I'm back guys! I just returned from the shelter and managed to get a closer look at the puppy and his mom.

Him and his brothers were excited to see me at first, but when I held the puppy he barely moved except to rest his head against me. He was still for the whole 15 minutes he was in my arms! When we went to a private room to see him outside of the hectic energy of the kennels, he sniffed a bit then sat down, which made me think he was a calm pup except that his paws were sweaty (so maybe scared more than calm?)

One issue that made me hesitate was that there was an older and bigger dog in the room with us. Whenever the other dog got close to him he would start growling or barking. The puppy is only 2 or so months old but I have a lot of dogs that visit my house, is this a sign that the puppy is not dog-friendly?

Last but not least the shelter was kind enough to offer I take the puppy in for two weeks to see how he gets along with my siblings' dogs and my family, I will be able to pick him up in 4 days (a day after his second shot.)
  5. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    He is a baby, he is scared and you represent a place of safety in the absence of his mother, of course he's going to behave like that at the beginning.
  6. Cadi

Cadi New Member

Name:
    Cadi
    [​IMG]

Here is another pic!

[​IMG]

Everyone I show it to seems to think he is ugly! He looks cute to me though, its the fur, makes me think he will end up looking like a border collie or English shepherd with the feathering.

Any guesses on how big he might get based on his paws?

Tawneywolf, so I shouldn't worry about the growling?
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2013
  7. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    No not at all, he is scared. When he does that just take him away from whatever it is that is upsetting him. Once you have him home you can work on that. You don't know what has been going on at the shelter or anything. Poor little lad, I think he's lovely. Depends on what someone's idea of ugliness is anyway. There are some breeds that I cannot understand people liking because they leave me cold, good job there are so many different types of dog really:lol: :lol: :lol:
  8. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    The people who think he is ugly need their eyes tested!

I really hope it works out for you two.
  9. Mandyuk1

Mandyuk1 New Member

Name:
    Manuela
    I think he's gorgeous and agree with Tangutica, these people need their eyes tested. I hope he settles with you and you are both really happy x
  10. Ginge2602

Ginge2602 New Member

Name:
    Anne
    I think he is gorgeous! Good luck it's going to be brilliant!
  11. Bobble

Bobble New Member

Name:
    Lyn
    He is beautiful! You'll have so much fun together. You are doing all the right things working it all out before you get him. Careful, consistant training and the exercise you have mentioned, he'll be great!