Running out of time, seeking help, info, anything Questions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by TMason, Apr 27, 2021.

1. TMason

TMason New Member

Name:
    Tim

Running out of time, seeking help, info, anything

Thank you for your attention, I have a 12 yr old female Flat Coated Ret. Maggie is in excellent physical condition still plays like a puppy until about 2 months ago. This breed has shallow lungs but has never been a issue. 2 months ago her breathing was suddenly accompanied with a sound of congestion. I have been to several Vets, had many tests performed, X-rays and tried multiple medications including antibiotics, allergy, she is currently on Prednizone, a Bronchial Dilation med and a anti anxiety to keep calm her whole system down. During this entire time her condition has continued to worsen and after thousands of dollars and 2 months later no one can tell me what’s wrong or what to do. Maggie is running out of time. Her breathing is very labored and wheezing but there are no signs of insufficient oxygen such blueing of the tongue as of yet. If anyone has had any experience similar and can share any info, maybe ....I don’t know what I’m looking for but she full of life, she just can’t breath. Please share. Thank you
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I am sorry to hear about Maggie's breathing problems. As her x-rays were clear, I really don't have any suggestions to make but didn't want you to think your post had been ignored. I am sure you know that Flatties are a breed that is very prone to cancer, and 12 years is a remarkable age for this breed. Best wishes.
  4. Marceline

Marceline New Member

Name:
    Marceline
    how is she now?