Snow Dogs Questions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Kyttens, May 20, 2010.

1. Kevwana

Kevwana New Member

Name:
    Kevwana
    I have a 5 1/2 month old Mal and can identify with many of the points put across so far, he can be a pretty dominant boy given the chance but is a really intelligent beast and given the right leadership is an absolute joy to have. Lots of exercise a must and beware any moles in the garden... he loves to dig ! but have managed to keep his digging to an allocated area of the garden.

All the best and make sure you spend some time with the dam and sire and get yours from a 'reputable breeder'...

As far as the aforementioned breeder in wales.. just have a look at how many mal pups they have registered inthe last couple of years... I naively got a pup from them a few years ago, he has turned out to be a cracking boy luckily but from what I've found out since appearances can be deceptive..
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Didn't realise you had two..thought you only had the pup..pics please:002:
  4. Mad Huskies

Mad Huskies New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Hellooo new here so thought I'd drop by for my two pennies worth.. I am owned by two Sibes and I have to say they are the best thing I have ever done! My reasons for prefering Sibes over Mals are that they are smaller and (i personally think) prettier, they are very family orientated and are fantastic with kids. They can have as you so brilliantly put it, the "feline sod you" attitude, but obeidence training and plenty of yummy treats keeps that to a minimum. Just one thing that no one else seems to have mentioned... second hand dogs give first class love! I have found that my rescue sibe is much more willing to please and loves his cuddles more than the girl Iv had from a pup! Sooooo do consider getting a rescue, they (IMHO) are no more difficult to train and there are sooo many out there in need of furever homes, as Mick said he runs the siberian husky welfare association (where I got my rescue from) and always has sibes looking for homes and Im sure the Mal rescue will be the same... also there are breed rescues for husky/mal crosses I know of aswell so you have a wealth of choice there whatever you descide! :eek:D
    Hope thats helped!
    Love Sarah and pack xxx
  5. rozesofsharon

rozesofsharon New Member

Name:
    Shar

Hi Jon,
    You really need to look into the Samoyed. They are fabulous family dogs. Their ancient history offers the dog a strong family connection. The Samoyede people used their working dogs for transporting their nomadic lives from place to place. They herded the reindeer. But what really brings them into the family is that they would bring the dogs into their homes to keep the children warm at night. It has been proven that the dog was so honored in the family that when they died, they buried the dog in their home. The sweet personality of the Samoyed is a strong characteristic that has been established in the breed. Their stunning white fur is actually easier to groom than it looks. It is an irredescient hair that sheds dirt with brushing and blowing. They have the sweetest smile... the Sammie smile, which melts your heart. Jon, consider the Samoyed.