So If you Could - Create your Own Dog Breed Discussions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by WaterElephant, Dec 25, 2011.

1. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Must admit I prefer Lurchers to Greyhounds, prefably around 23/24 tts, smaller then Greyhounds, but not too small, both are great to watch run, but I also like Lurchers who are mostly Grey, but have a touch of another breed, or two, so you get a variation, and I like to see how the other breed influences the physical and mental characteristics, how because they are crosses you can have such a variation in the coat, the length, texture and colour, but I don't need to create the cross, they've been around for centuries, their just a honest, and modest dog, something that personally, I don't think can be improoved on ;).
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    The Beardie & BC/WSD have always been linked-many years ago there was a BC born in a litter by Edenborough Blue Bracken ex Jedriana Honeysuckle(same litter as Mosswood Concorde)the breeder only registered the 2 Beardie puppies from the litter-the breeder owner never bred from the Champion bitch & 6 years later left the breed(actually left the UK !)
  4. pippam

pippam

Name:
    n/a
    short haired, small, nicely portioned *no squished noses so wrinkled it cant breath), averege energy, good tempermant, good health, easy to house train, quite bark/no yappyness,

ideal colour would be blue merle, blue roan, party colours

pointy ears preffed with some fluff ^^

I dunno what I am talking about but that would be my ideal next dog.
  5. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Could quite easily be a well trained Sheltie :) - or do you just mean fluff on the ears?
  6. youngstevie

youngstevie

Like your idea Magpye, had the pleasure of seeing first hand at the West Mids Safari park the wild dog head keeper who had handreared 4 of these (3 bitches and 1 male) and as she went into their space (now 2 years old) they bowed and greeted her like a long lost pack member...they see her as Mom, it was awesome to watch.........however as we watched through the caging they snarled at us LOL
  7. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Someone somewhere will have thought up any breed type or combo going ,.
  8. Sosha

Sosha New Member

Name:
    Sosha
    I'm a sucker for Bedlington/Whippets not one of the 1000s of KC recognised breeds but a common & recognisable type.
  9. Shrap

Shrap New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    I can't think of anything about well bred GSDs that I don't like, and I can't think of anything I like in a dog that a well bred GSD doesn't have. Literally the perfect breed for me. I look at other breeds sometimes and although they're lovely dogs, it always comes back to "it's just not a GSD"

To the OP's post: The American Alsatian is a disgrace. And I also feel that there are enough breeds with companion/working type temperaments, with different coats, and different sizes etc. There isn't a breed you could create that isn't similar to one that already exists :)
  10. BangKaew

BangKaew New Member

Name:
    Bangkaew
    i agree but the point of this thread is that maybe people want a gsd that looks like a sheltie for example.
  11. BangKaew

BangKaew New Member

Name:
    Bangkaew
    so many of these posts remind me of this;

~ Charles H. Duell, Commissioner, U.S. patent office, 1899 (attributed).

Also, i have heard that some breeders still cull pups with undesirable looks? And what about the guide dogs which are GR xLab? Apparently makes the best guide dogs. Is that wrong because it ruins the 'purity' of the breed?
  12. pippam

pippam

Name:
    n/a
    Yes just on the ears though I do like Shelties too much fur for me id be cleaning the house every ten seconds o.0

Id mean like a propper short haired dog you don't have to get trimmed inorder to keep it looking nice ^^
  13. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    :shock: :shock: did not know there was any dog born without the ability to breath :?
  14. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    well you obviously don't read the tabloids then.:grin:

Making up an imaginary breed would be like saying I'm not happy with what I've got. The perfect breed for me is the Estrela, my partner's perfect dog is a Malamute. Having said that our JRT Rogue is the most amazing dog, I doubt I'd get another like her.
  15. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    Shelties aren't heavy shedders and require no trimming. They just need brushing a few times a week.
  16. pippam

pippam

Name:
    n/a
    I meant breath propperly, like bulldogs and pugs their are bulldogs bred for more wrinkles and the more wrinkles they have the more valuble they are -.-

I guess that is what the rspca meant by some breeds that were in so much trouble.
  17. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    WOW that is news to me! Where does it say in the Breed Standard that the more wrinkles they have the more valuable they are?

Have you seen adverts stating that puppies from X litter are more valuable because they have X amount of wrinkles?

How much is each wrinkle worth?:017:
  18. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    :lol: :lol: :lol: well I never :shock:

I guess the trouble with some people is they believe everything they read :017:
  19. BangKaew

BangKaew New Member

Name:
    Bangkaew
    yes I looked after a friend's bulldog and when awake it snored with EVERY breath. I felt sorry for it, mostly/probably because I was glad to give it back!
  20. Shrap

Shrap New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    And my point is that I don't.
  21. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Just because people want something doesn't mean they should get it. Should every obscure desire be catered for?
    I would say there is too much ''I want'' these days and not enough ''I am lucky to have ''.

I think there must be something wrong with a 'dog lover' who can't find a dog to suit their needs from the 210 breeds already recognised by the Kennel Club or the many and varied dogs in rescues.