So much fur Questions

Discussion in 'Akita' started by who owns who, Oct 19, 2020.

1. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc

So much fur

Bandit is blowing his coat. He looks much better and must feel better after getting brushed out. Could have kept going but we were both over it 25C8F3BB-C17A-4922-9D36-A5615CD373B7.jpeg 12BC6A75-AFE3-40E4-8AE9-ADE888D1B0A3.jpeg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    OMG! I thought my Beags were bad at the moment.
  4. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Bandit sheds so much more than Katie Mae. It’s a good thing too because I don’t know if I could handle two super shedders
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Oh 'eck - that is a lot of fur! I had a brush like the green one in your first picture which I used for Lexi, and used to use a shedding blade on Pereg - I never got on with a Furminator and found the shedding blade to be much better. Lexi used to leave longish soft hairs all over the place but never blew her coat - Pereg was shorter coated and did blow her coat, although mainly over her haunches, and I used to sit on the little wall outside to brush her.

Luckily Tikva does not really shed as there is no way that little monkey would keep still enough for me to brush her! She obviously does lose some hairs though as when I wash her padded sleep mats and then put them in the dryer, the filter catches quite a few, but luckily that is about all.
  6. Animal Welfare

Animal Welfare New Member

Name:
    Animal Welfare
    WOW! I m Facing the same thing with Hatchiko now!! YOur boy is sooo handsome God Bless

Attached Files:

7. Animal Welfare

Name:
    Animal Welfare
    May I please ask how old are you Akitas? Especially Bandit? How big do they grow as males? My baby boy is 1 year 2 months now and weights 50 kgs and height at the shoulder is 75 and whilst standing up on hind legs reaches 165 cm
  8. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    Sorry for slow response, somehow I missed your second post. Bandit turned 4 in September and Katie Mae will be 3 in early November. Bandit was about 90 lbs last time I weighed him, which was pre C19. We go to the Vets next Tuesday so I’ll get a current weight soon. I’ll have to wait outside while they take the dogs in. I’ve no idea on his height. I previously had a male Akita that weighed about 120 lbs and who was much taller and longer
  9. Animal Welfare

Name:
    Animal Welfare
    wow thats amazing :) you are a wonderful parent who takes good care of her loved ones

Attached Files:

• H1.jpg
      H1.jpg
      File size:
      40.7 KB
      Views: