Spot the Pitbull? Discussions

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by sky_high_bluest, May 5, 2008.

1. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Thanks for your comments Dawn, it is interesting when someone asks you to really look at dogs. Having looked again the only one with the correct Staffie eye is no 7 who I though may be the Pit because of the poor feet. Most of the others seem to have oval or slit eyes not correct for the SBT at all. Of course it may be that none are SBT and I should not trying to find a reasonable example of one, but again without seeing a profile and a head shot it would be difficult to tell a really good SBT from almost any Staffie cross.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Spot on! Typical Pit Bull or "type" eyes are slits, "piggy" eyes I call them.
  4. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    So 7 pics are ment to be staffs and one pitbull?

Some very badly bred staffs in there then!
  5. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    Number 8 for me,
    Not very good examples of the SBT,
    No 7 for me doesn't have a dark enough eye but perhaps I'm just been picky!

Now this is what I call a good example of the SBT,
    [​IMG]
  6. hades

hades New Member

Name:
    lexus
    They all look like staffys or staffy x to me...????
    Bit unfair tho...sum are adult and sum are pups....you trying to make it more difficult! lol
    you are arent ya?????
  7. hades

hades New Member

Name:
    lexus
    And I just wana add that pitbull terriers arent those BIG dogs were all lead to believe.....real pits are not that much bigger than staffys!!!!!!!...just more leaner and a BIT taller!
  8. sky_high_bluest

sky_high_bluest New Member

Name:
    dave
    I'm not rying to make it hard! It's just everybody on here seems to think that these so called typey dog are so far away from the staff that they shouldn't be called staffs! thats all! :)
  9. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    They don't look like the breed (staffords) that we see bred to the breed standard and shown,infact they look nothing like the dog in the pic I posted,or the breed there supposed to resemble.
  10. hades

hades New Member

Name:
    lexus
    well there all beautiful dogs to me!
    Im sure that the original staffys were alot taller and leaner anyway>>????
    Just what Ive read.. before anyone jumps on me!!!!! lol
  11. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    As I said from the photos offered it would be difficult to tell a good STB if indeed there is one on there. Only 2 have the sort of eyes one would expect to see on a SBT but on 2 photos one can't see the eyes. Those who’s feet you can see are not what I would hope to see on a quality dog but again they are not clear for some of the dogs. Angulation is not right on some but impossible to see on others so it can only a guess.

Would only like to say they are bull type probably staffie crosses but would need to see them in the flesh to make a judgment with any confidence.
  12. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Which one is it then?
    Then Ill find some photos of Dogs I have boarded and you can tell me which is the Pit Bull!!
  13. queenwillow

queenwillow New Member

Name:
    tracey
    :017: im guessing 5
  14. sky_high_bluest

sky_high_bluest New Member

Name:
    dave
    answer on Wed night at 5 give everyone a chance!

BD start a thread and I'll be happy to have a go. :)

and I can't belive your old enough to have Boarded pitbulls!! surely your not that old ;)
  15. zoeybeau1

zoeybeau1

Name:
    Toni
    I fink number 8.
  16. zoeybeau1

zoeybeau1

Name:
    Toni
    Mich fink's 7
  17. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I like you! :mrgreen:
  18. mcgregorkh

mcgregorkh New Member

Name:
    Karen
    Brilliant thread. I know absolutely nothing about staffies. I have read somewhere that pitbulls are leaner and longer back legs???? Going on that I would say 4 possibly 5 but it is a complete and utter guess!!:neutral:
  19. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Think that may be the problem, not seen a Pit for years but when they were there to be seen and admitted to, most were not good examples of a canine of any breed or type, most unbalanced and with very poor movement. And like any other breed there are, no doubt, the good, the bad, and the down right ugly. My impression at the time was they were underfed and over done in the head and very short of overall bone. As you say, not large most smaller than a boxer.

May be because there have never been that many in the UK they have been bred for a reason other than their health and conformation, and if this is the case with a small breeding pool all the dross will come to the surface. Have seen pictures of dogs from the US that do look ok but one can’t really judge a dog from a photo any more than you can judge a horse’s speed from a picture, you like the way it looks but it could well be lame.
  20. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    Don't forget then please..........5pm, we'll be here!!!!!;-) :lol:
  21. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    My initial reaction was 7 then I cheated and read through the posts so agree it might be 8 (because of eyes) but I am not sure :?: