Spot the Pitbull? Discussions

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by sky_high_bluest, May 5, 2008.

1. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    but how can anyone prove that they are or not, unless all breeding stock are microchipped and dna profiled, we have to accept the breeders word on the Sire and Dam used.
    We had Staffies many years ago when they were not so popular, and way before all the pit bull stuff. Back then they were quite an expensive breed to buy, but now many are bred by chav byb and sold off cheap, they can be kc reg but who can prove which chavs dog they actually used.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Not only do none of them resemble the SBT but most seem to have structural problems that must come from generations of poor breeding. It is so very sad.

No wonder that people do not know a pit when they see one if their breeding is as bad, which from those I have seen it is. :-( Incredibly depressing, very sad state of affairs for those who love the bull breeds and SBT in particular.
  4. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    sadly we see it in rotties all to often, Kc sadly doesnt give a guarantee of quality,,,if only it did, is it poss its the effect of naff breeding, for the chav happy guard type thing, even the bsb's are kc reg there crud dogs these days,,, sad but true,,,,I think dna testing is one way forward,,,cos some of the so called kc reg rotties I have seen are debatable
  5. dollyknockers

dollyknockers

Name:
    n/a
    Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I got it right , Though I still think its a beautiful dog even if its a banned breed xxdk
  6. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    well i never lol !
  7. Sarah27

Sarah27 New Member

Name:
    Edna
    I really enjoyed this thread - are there going to be some more like it?

My new foster dog looks a bit like number 5, but she's a bit overweight. We're taking her to the vet tomorrow and will get her weighed and see how much she needs to lose :)
  8. sky_high_bluest

sky_high_bluest New Member

Name:
    dave
    lol the Staffy you all thought had bad feet is a Staff with lots and lots of cc's to it's name but he's quite old now! the two blues (1 and 2) are very well breed dogs! I just wonder why, a few members, on here think it's okey to slate the dogs without being able to get there hands on the dogs and watch the dogs movement!!

anyway I hope you all enjoyed the thread and well done to everyone who got it right and good luck next time!

maybe now people can see why so many good family dogs have been pts without good reason! just because some people don't know a pitbull from a staffy or an am bulldog or a lab x for that matter lol.

I'll get some more pics and we can have another go if you like!

:)
  9. Sarah27

Sarah27 New Member

Name:
    Edna

I don't understand all that stuff anyway, so it goes over my head! :lol:
  10. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Can only comment on what we see, would you like to see feet like that on one of your dogs, CCs or not they are not good. All those with oval and slit eyes are not to standard, you don't need to get hands on to see type, bad feet and oval eye. As to our right, were we not invited to look at these dogs and comment?
  11. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie

Sadly as you say , KC registered does not guarantee quality or type.

Exactly....

You dont need to put your hands on a dog to see whether it conforms to type or not, the hands on will show up faults the eye cant see in a dog that conforms to type, the eye can tell you whether a dog has bad feet/ eyes/ height.

And sadly not one of these dogs look good examples of the breed.
  12. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    dont think anyone was slateing them but I wasnt too impressed with the overall quality of the dog,, I kinda thought it was ment to look that way to throw people off though,, I wouldnt take much to heart, there are rotties out there with cc that are far from perfect too,,, guess its kinda common in many breeds
  13. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    I agree wth the others very poor examples of the SBT.
    I wonder how many of these dogs have actually been bred and produced even more non standard SBT's.
  14. Sarah27

Sarah27 New Member

Name:
    Edna
    Hi Sal,

I was wondering, could you tell me how they are a bad example? Not trying to stir things up - just very interested because my new foster dog is a staffy and I'm trying to learn about them :)

Thanks!
  15. hades

hades New Member

Name:
    lexus
    Great thread!
    But I do agree that the general public should be more informed about things and know the difference between a "pitbull terrier".... and a staffy, american bulldog, bull terrier, presa.. eg
    Alot of people just think any medium to biggish size dog that has a big head is a pitbull and thats just NOT the case!!!!
  16. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    They just don't resemble a well bred typical staffy at least not to me anyway,poor ear carriage,eye shape and colour,feet,most are too leggy,lacking in substance and bone etc,
    Everyone has different opinions on what a good example of the breed should be like but not one of those dogs does anything for me or scream typical SBT.

This dog is what I call a typical SBT,
    [​IMG]

And when you cmpare the above picture to those posted on the first page,there is a huge difference.
  17. Sarah27

Sarah27 New Member

Name:
    Edna
    Thanks for that Sal, I understand (I think!). That's a lovely staffy! Ours is much much bigger - in mass and body length, although she's not very tall (about 17 inches at the withers). Her eyes are more oval than round as well.
  18. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I think Sal, that the Staffords are like anything else, you get different quality dogs in every breed, leggy, rangey dogs, course head, crap head, prick ears etc...

In labs, many folks prefer the leaner, fitter looking Dogs, in all honesty I dont think these Staffs are any different.
  19. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    Yes Dawn your right.
    I think it's common in all breeds,I think it comes down to experience and you get to know what your looking for in terms of quality and breed standard.