The breeds you own right now, what would... Discussions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Hayley SBT, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley

The breeds you own right now, what would...

You say are the cons and pros about your breeds! if a first time owner was looking in this section, what would you say to them about your breed! cons and pros!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane
    if you work hard enough you can make this breed into anythink you want, but they are a fun loving dog that takes each day as it comes, they love people and 4 many that is there down fall they can get a little hypo, well thats mine anyway's :grin:
  4. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    Staffordshire bull terriers

IMO

Pros

Very loyal, clever and fun dogs, the best thing about staffys are that once you own one you will never look back!
    The best thing about them is the way they are with children! They not called the NANNY DOG for nothing!
    My bessie (sbt) and my borris are amazing with children! as soon as they see a child they rolll over on thier backs and asked to have thier bellys rubbed! they are very gentle wth children too!
    Staffys are so loyal and loving! they really dote on thier family! when im upset the staffys come and kiss me!
    They are always pleased to see you, even if you walk out of the room for 5 mins it like you have been away for 5 years!
    I always laugh at least once with having my staffies around me! They really are very funny and fun dogs to be around!

there is so much more to add, but these are the things i really love about staffys, i know many staffy owners will add to this!

Cons
    Strong minded! if these dogs are not shown firmness from a young age and you show them you are the boss, they can be very stubborn dogs!
    Also if not mixed with other dogs from puppy hood there COULD (not WILL) be other dog agression!
    as much as the puppy hood is fun! ITS SO MUCH HARD WORK! they are well known for thier naughty puppy stage! Chewing!!!!!!!!!!
    Brought up in the wrong hands then can be fatel! this is not good for the breeds name which many owners have worked hard to get get rid of breedsim! which staffys do suffer alot from! so dont be shocked if somone calls you staff a name! mine get called nasty names alot!

The Pros do for sure out weigh the cons but there is cons! but as much as the cons are small the cons can see be deverstating!
  5. Russ

Russ New Member

Name:
    Russ
    Good thread Hayley :grin:
    I'll start with your boy ;-)

Boxer

Pro's
    The biggest pro about owning a Boxer is they always manage to put a smile on your face. I like to call them the clowns of the dog world, although they are very smart they also like to clown around a fair bit.
    Boxers have a great nature and are very much a people dogs, there'll make friends where ever they go.

Con's
    Apart from the health problems assoicated with the breed.
    Boxers are strong minded and can be stubborn, they are a powerful breed so need early training. They can be excitable which with a large dog can be choatic :lol:

Raised with love a Boxer will be a faithful member of the family that no doubt will give you many years of joy and love :grin:

A true Bullbreed with a heart off gold.
  6. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    cant add much more about boxers :) just that boxers and children go together just like staffies and children. They must be made from the same mould :)
  7. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    thanks russ! you have to adore busta my boy (yay) lol
  8. Hayley SBT

Hayley SBT

Name:
    hayley
    i would generally say boxers and sbts are simular dogs! of course there is lots of differences! but when it comes to being the clowns of the dogs world and loving children they are very simular!
  9. callum the bull

callum the bull New Member

Name:
    cal
    are u in austraila if so iwould recomend a bull arab because they a happy energetice breed that has the most loyal breed i have ever seen the only con is that they dont know there owne size and strength
  10. xenaskye

xenaskye New Member

Name:
    jane
    dogue de bordeaux

pros
    great guard dogs, just by looking at them they look menacing, big softies really
    great tempraments, very patient dogs with children
    mine are great big soft teddies
    placid, love lying around the house
    love cuddles
    very protective of their family
    love sunbathing

cons
    snore very loudly
    slobbery and it gets everywhere, have a towel handy
    very heavy when they want to sit on you lap
    can be a bit stubborn at times
    have to be fed and watered outside as they drown the kitchen floor with water and spread their food around