Tikva Photos

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's and CaroleC like this.
    I will pay your plane fare.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Is she growing? No idea. She is teeny tiny and when awake scuttles scurries far to fast for me to take photographs.

But she eats, oh does she eat, and will shortly be fully on raw. And she sleeps and she pees and she poos [mostly on puppy pads].

And she is noisy.

Oh, and did I say that she is a wannabee climber?
  4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    I used to weigh Rosie in an old mixing bowl on the kitchen scales when she was a teeny, tiny puppy. She looked so cute on her weigh ins :)

I'd say that your little girl is doing excellently, Malka.

Sleepy photos will do. I'm dying to see her again
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    Chris - there are times when I would like to see her as she tends to disappear! I spent nearly an hour dragging myself around by my elbows around the bungalow earlier because she had vanished and ignored me calling her! She is usually extremely vocal as she sashays around. Wiggle waddle skittle skuttle

The above does not count when she was stuck under the refrigerator and was screaming for help but then found her way out of it at the same side she had gotten in while I was going frantic.

Tikva will not keep still for weighing and there is something strange about the whole story as no way is she half standard Daxie - there was something very strange with the whole story but hey ho, she has been here since she was supposedly - oh I do not know. 2 June she was supposedly have been 3 weeks old has been here since 5 June "come and get her quick".

And here she is and BS"D here she will stay.

She is tiny, she is noisy, and she is cute.
  6. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    I swap her for the big hairy monster that's squashing me on sofa, why do large dogs think they can sit on your knees, I now dog sit for 4 hours each day & at moment I have the big hairy monster (Newbie X St Bernard X Leonberger) 2 butterfly dogs & kangaroo (terrier but think it might have kangaroo in him)
    Am sure Tikva will fit in nicely xxxx
  7. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    How about some pics of her now she is coming on !!
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Jackie, if she will stay still [when awake] I will take more and more photos! So far she seems to be either sleeping or running around too fast to stop, or rolling in a plate of food trying to scoff it all before I stick her under the tap!
  9. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka likes this.
    I'd love to see some photo's too, but I know how demanding puppies can be :).
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I would like to know where she is most of the time - independent is hardly the description for this puppy!
  11. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka likes this.
    I think maybe Tikva is playing puppy hide & seek with you Malka xx
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    "It" otherwise known as "Thing" is a right bleedin' nuisance when not asleep and/or where I do not know where she is.

I am having to keep daily online food diaries now as "It" has decided that puppy milk substitute is not real food and after the bio yoghurt disaster I need to know what she can or cannot tolerate before she goes fully onto raw.
  13. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    How is the beautiful Tikva aka "Thing" today Malka xx

Mash up banana or gravy with puppy dry food/mixer will help to go over to solid food xx
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Can anyone explain how she can get under the refrigerator but cannot get out?

Three times?

The first time she eventually managed to get out herself after screaming her head off, but I twice today I have had to force my hand underneath the plastic kick-plate to almost yank her out, and if she does it again the thing will somehow have to come off.

Food is going fine except I have to put her in the [empty] sink while getting it ready as she is a climber - then she has to go back in the sink after eating [as fast as she can gobble it down] as she "swims" in her food and needs washing.

Oh, and she will go and stand on a puppy pad then scuttle off it and pee a few inches away. Mind you, she has taken herself on it to pee and poo a couple of times so I cannot complain, and she only does tiny ones as she is so tiny.

She still suprises me though as LO, Pereg and then Ziva just flonked down wherever they were when they needed naps, not that LO and Pereg had beds - "Thing" trots off to either her bed in the salon or into her crate at the other end of the bungalow, depending which is nearer.

I think I should have named her Dora...
  15. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    You need to grab a pic of her when she naps
  16. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka, could she be getting in round the back of the freezer, through the motor housing? I once had a Cavalier puppy that did this, as it is a warm place to nap. I had to place a little grille over the space to stop her getting access.
  17. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    CaroleC and Malka like this.
    The same way K9 manages to squeeze under sofa to hide his chews from the hooligans, yet stands barking at the sofa when his ball rolls under it.
  18. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka likes this.
    When Rosie was a pup, my house looked a real tip. For months I ended up with bits of cardboard and old towels pushed in every conceivable gap so that she couldn't get under. Of course, she loved the game of pulling 'em out every time my back was turned :).

Sounds like Tikva is doing extremely well, Malka. I think I would be using puppy food for her too until she can manage to chew her own raw food
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    When she naps she curls into a tiny ball like a dormouse.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I do not see how she can - the gap between one side of the refrigerator is very close to a kitchen base unit and she cannot get her head through there - I have caught her trying it!

The other side has my water machine and I have blocked up the side between it and the wall [all of 10cm of it] and if I move that closer I cannot open the refrigerator fully. And if she can get in, how come she screams to be gotten out from under the front? She has a thing about the refrigerator and tries to climb in it whenever I open the door.

She is not only a rush around scrap of nothing who has to explore everywhere, she is also a climber

Dogs - how are we mere humans supposed to understand them?
  20. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka likes this.
    :007: :007: :007: Tikva is sooooo gorgeous :007: :007::007:
  21. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Malka likes this.
    Chico wishes me to pass a message to Tikva: 'You are taking a great risk by curling up with those wild creatures. You should do what I do and rip them to pieces, just to be on the safe side.'