Training Session 29-10-2005 Photos

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Willow, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Willow

Willow New Member

Name:
    Willow

Training Session 29-10-2005

There were mostly NSDTR’s at training, but the trainer is a breeder so yeah there’s bound to be loads of her dogs at her training events. Here’s one chilling out, he’s only 14 months old but a lovely little dog :
    [​IMG]

I had the only flatcoat (always do ! ) and there was two Labradors

[​IMG]

Mostly pics of today and a few short videos that were recorded as mpegs so the quality isn’t that terrific but they give you a good idea of what happened :D

This exercise is a steadiness mark, where we walk the dog to heel for about 10 paces throw the dummy in easy cover (I was demonstrating this to a new person in the class hence why it was so easy to see) walk the dog away so he has to remember where it is, then turn back to face it, I make Casper wait an extra few moments for steadiness as he has been known to run in :? But today he was terrific :D It also builds memory as the dog is walked away. Although the complete beginners were to let the dog see the dummy, when Casper did his in training his was thrown into deep heather and a longer distance.

29-10mov.mpg

He wasn’t as wound up as he has been when he’s at training, he was focused on other dogs working, He has been known to pant really hard when watching the other dogs as he has been that excited, but he was quite relaxed when watching other dogs working.

[​IMG]

But was happy to watch me when given a watch command, (you can see my gear on the ground behind him ;-)

[​IMG]

We did a walk up as well, this time I kept him on the lead though as he was getting very excited again.

[​IMG]

The monkey did try and run in once, (when the dog next to him had it’s turn) but because of him trying to run in, he had to watch 3 other dogs have a turn who were all quite close to him and after he watched one dog have it’s turn, he was quite, so he got a go. Hence the lesson there being, when your quiet you have a turn, when your noisy/not paying attention to me, you wont get a go. Unfortunately this seems to be our latest ‘problem’ and I don’t want a habit to start. But you cant practise walk up’s on your own really ;-) Well you could do heel work and throw a dummy out and get it yourself, I’ve done that loads of times, even done walk ups with my husband and sending the Golden Retriever instead of the flattie. But he’ll only go to run in when the dog next to him is sent in. When I practise walk ups with Jack, Casper wont move, he’s an angel. It’s when dogs have their turn next to him, he tries as well…. Any help would be great !

Another thing, these were taken with my phone so the pics may not be that clear, we were talking about dogs picking up all different kinds of material ?

Someone raided the shopping when we got home and stole a bag of treats, here’s the evidence ..
    [​IMG]

They will also carry the paper home from the shop too

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoyed the pics ! :D
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. amts

amts New Member

Name:
    AnneMette
    Oh I love your dogs and your update :smt026
    Only annoying thing is the movie. The link gives me this message: Our server is currently under heavy load please refresh the page in few minutes. Thank You! :evil: I´ll try again later.

Love the area you train in. Plenty of oppertunities to make both easy and hard tasks for them - great :grin:
    The ppl you train with looks nice but where are you?

As for his run in. I know its hard to gather a bunch of dogs when it suits you but you are so lucky to have both Casper and jack. If you can get just one more dog to train with you, try letting your oh have Jack and put the third dog on Caspers other side to add some stress from both sides.
    Switch between those two and reward him if he stays cool and calm.
    Then you can place them on one of his sides and let the 3 dog he isnt familiar with be closest to him.
    You really gotta get a 3 dog you see :lol: :lol:

Other than that I think if you take classes once a week like I think you do, it´ll come slowly if you insists on him behaving every single time :grin:

I really enjoyed the pics and what a look he has on his face :lol: Very sweet
    I´ll go back to see if that video works asap
  4. bellaluna

bellaluna New Member

Name:
    Jeanette
    Wow great pics Willow:)

Lovely dogs:)

I cant see the video as zippy is currently upgrading or something..

Will look at it when I come home:)

Oh I think he was framed with that candybag... :lol: :lol:
  5. Willow

Willow New Member

Name:
    Willow
    I just tried that link as well, I uploaded it the other night and just kept note of the address :evil: I hope it works eventually ...

Unfortunately I dont go to a class every week :-( I wish I did !! Most of the classes are either once a month, or that training class that the pics were taken at, are sporadic. Most of the time it's once a month but other times it could be a break for a month as our trainer could be really busy that month.

We train on a forest, that has a lovely mixture of heathland and heavy cover of woods etc. We hardly ever use a field...

So every chance I get to go to a class I jump at it :grin: I've got one this weekend ( it's at the class where Casper got scruffed, but I'm laying down the law before we start that he is NOT to be touched) then training again later in Nov before they stop for the Xmas break :)
  6. Willow

Willow New Member

Name:
    Willow
    He wasn't I promise ! :grin: :grin: ;-)
  7. amts

amts New Member

Name:
    AnneMette
    Willow in the classes I take, we often arrange to get together on our own outside class. Maybe you can ask for that? If anyone lives close to you or are willing to meet up?

I was wondering how it went with the class you mentioned and wrote in the thread a while ago but I dont think you´ve seen that?

And why are you avoiding my request on pics of you :lol: :lol:
  8. Willow

Willow New Member

Name:
    Willow
    Coz I'm camera shy !! :D :D :D
  9. Natasha

Natasha New Member

Willow they are fab pics, I loved seeing them and reading about your training. All the dogs are gorgeous but how sweet is Casper, its great to see more of your dogs.
    The area looks great too your lucky to have that near you. We have a place like that but its quite a drive and I took Oscar there the other week.
    It sounds like your doing great though look forward to more updates :grin:

Btw vid didnt work for me either :-(
  10. amts

amts New Member

Name:
    AnneMette
    [​IMG] :lol: :lol:
  11. Willow

Willow New Member

Name:
    Willow
    Yup chicken and proud :lol: :lol: :lol: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Will see what I can do .... :p
  12. Natasha

Natasha New Member

Ask Amts where the pics with her in are ;-) :lol:
  13. amts

amts New Member

Name:
    AnneMette
    You better :lol: We dont wanna be the only ones caught on tape making a fool out of ourself :lol: :lol:
  14. amts

amts New Member

Name:
    AnneMette
    *cough cough* On my profile for starters...AND I remember several on here aswell. ****** off Nat :smt019
  15. Natasha

Natasha New Member

Pmsl you mean that tiny little pic in your profile that doesnt count :roll: and where are the vids of you on here miss? Watch your manners, kids these days ;-) :lol:
  16. Willow

Willow New Member

Name:
    Willow
    Well there’s two groups I go to, We’ll call them Group 1 and group 2.

Group 1 I’ve known the trainer for 4 years and she has known Casper since he was a puppy, she’s an APTD trainer and uses kind methods. No Smacking or physical stuff …

Group 2 I’ve only recently joined, purely as a follow along to Group 1 because as I said training with Group 1 isnt on fixed dates, it’s mostly once a month, but then there could be a break of anywhere upto 2 months in between training. They have a fixed date every month that they meet. They are traditional trainers ..

My original trainer is a member of G2 as well, she did warn me though that some of the trainers can be harsh, but only one or two, but if I was to tell them not to interfere with my dog then it should be fine. First ever training session with G2 she was with me and we had a fantastic time, got loads of advice and training tips.

It was the second time I went that I didn’t think to tell anyone that I didn’t want Casper manhandled that it all went wrong … so the next session I go to the trainer will be told ‘Hands OFF’ Because each time G2 meets there is a mixture of different levels each time, you never know which trainer you’ll be having until the day.

So we shall see how it goes next weekend :)
  17. amts

amts New Member

Name:
    AnneMette
    I hope it goes well and I also hope the teacher will treat you nicely and take you seriosly even though your original trainer isnt with you to "protect" you.

Its weird, upsetting and frustrating that the cruel and harsh way can still excist isnt it :? I know some hang on to it but imo they are outnumbered by far more educated, tolerante, nice and normal behaved human beings. Why the rest in class didnt speak up I cant say, only did I see that my mouth would prob get me kicked out there faster than Ally can retrieve :lol:

Fingers crossed and keep us updated ok :grin:

*still waiting for that pic* :lol:
  18. amts

amts New Member

Name:
    AnneMette
    Watched you video now Willow and he´s gorg :grin:
    It was just perfect :grin:
  19. bellaluna

bellaluna New Member

Name:
    Jeanette