Training General Chat

Discussion in 'Akita' started by lojo, Feb 13, 2019.

1. lojo

lojo New Member

Name:
    Lo
    Hi Vee,
    Thanks, and that's exactly what I did with my other dogs. I would not allow barking. But my new guy wont come in. And his barking gets me out. And that's what he wants... He knows the leave it command for food, but not barking..
    I guess first things first
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave and Malka like this.
    Can I ask why you continue to let him out on his own when he won't come to you? It seems that this has just become a huge game to Tucker. You really need to be out there with him, on a long line, or in an enclosed area, and really work on his recall. If you can not make yourself more important to him than the local environment, he will have to stay in his garden, in an enclosed area, or on a line.
    I am not saying this to be judgemental, as I said earlier I have a difficult breed too. One of my Beagle has a good recall, but the other one was a rehome, and she can not be trusted with wildlife. After a couple of half hour waits by rabbit warrens, and a narrow escape with an Intercity train, she now stays on a line unless I judge the area to be safe enough. An uncontrolled dog is a danger to itself, and possibly to other road users too.
  4. lojo

lojo New Member

Name:
    Lo
    CaroleC likes this.
    That is not at all judgemental, or a bad point:) It is his fav game now. I thought I was his most important, but your right, I don't think I make his top 3! Thank you, def things I need to work on to change