Update on Copper Health

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Jcarpentier, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Jcarpentier

Jcarpentier Member

Name:
    Jessica

Update on Copper

Hey all. I mentioned on Dogsey Copper had been acting funny and I thought it might be due to decline in his cognition. The good news is the vet doesn't think it is that at all. He had a checkup a few days ago and she said she thinks his behavior is due to the changes in his eyes. She said he has changes one would expect to see in an older dog (of course I forgot what she called it). The vet said there is a possibility he could go blind and we would have to watch it closely. She also said in familiar surroundings he would be fine.

He also has a mole on his head that we had frozen at his annual checkup as well. So for an old boy of 10 he is doing relatively well. Don't tell him he's 10 though because he doesn't seem to know it.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I had to laugh the last time I had Eddie's eyes checked. The vet said that he would still be able to read the newspaper, but might struggle with the crossword clues. This is because the fluid in the eye becomes thicker in older dogs, leading to some degree of opacity.
    Strange though, I knew he was clever, but I didn't know he could read!
  4. Jcarpentier

Jcarpentier Member

Name:
    Jessica
    At his last vet appointment for his cryosurgery, my husband asked for the term with what is happening to his eyes. It is called bilateral sclerotic lenses. Just thought I would give people a term.