Want a Breedia welcome graphic? Info

Discussion in 'Your Introductions' started by Azz, Feb 22, 2014.

1. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's likes this.
    Dear Azz,
    As Merry does not appear on the graphic I am currently using, I wonder if you could add the necessary wording to the attached file.

Just - Welcome to Breedia
    From Carole, Eddie, and Merry.
    Will be fine, thank you, CC.

DSCF2805.JPG
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Fantastic photo of Eddie & Merry :007:
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Thanks Tina. November sun casting deep shadows, why do I never sort these things out when conditions are better?
    'Cos I'm scatty!
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's and CaroleC like this.
    Beautiful photograph of Eddie and Merry. :008:

I will not change my Avatar of Pereg because it is just too soon, nor will I ask Azz for a change to my welcome graphic. In my mind it is better just to say Malka and Tikva as welcome words.

I hope they suffice to welcome newbies.

Maybe one day, but that day is not yet.
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka and 6JRT's like this.
    I know how you feel Malka, as we lost both of our girls at a similar time. I still have a graphic featuring Tweed, and I have used it once or twice since she left us, but I think the two Beagles are a better illustration of the current situation here.
    Tweed lives on in our memories, she was such a 'well hard' but talented dog, I'm always getting, 'remember when ...' comments about her. One of a kind.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's and CaroleC like this.
    I was talking, via email, to the person who had another angel epi dog, saying when do we stop this seizure-watch? Six months now and still the slightest strange sound from Tikva, who is only just 5½ months-old and I instantly check on her, however deeply asleep I am during the night. It wakes me

She said that even three years later she is still on seizure-watch with her second dog.

I do not think that I will ever change my Avatar, as although it was not the best photograph of Pereg - that was her. Sitting in the open doorway watching the world go by.

But I have not changed my desktop photograph - the first photograph of my Lexi, my Little One. And I will not, even though she just went to sleep during the night when Pereg was about 11-months-old, even though I have a print that is framed on my wall, next to the graphite sketch I recently had done of Pereg.

I love Tikva who is rapidly changing from being a mini-monster of a puppy to the Kevin stage. She is not Pereg, just as Pereg was not LO - and as Baby Ziva was only with me for 11 days I never got to know her.

But in spite of all Pereg's seizures and the almost hourly medication [no insurance] and so many blood tests I still wonder if I should have asked Ram to have come out at nearly 1am to give her peace, and whether I should have tried a bit longer.
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Yes, I can empathise with that, I still feel guilty for letting Tweed not recover from that final anaesthetic. My sensible side says what would have been the point of letting her struggle on for maybe a week or two longer, but there is another bit that asks whether she would have wanted to fight on to the bitter end. We can never know what they would have chosen, and I am certain that you did all you possibly could for dear Pereg. I have never had an epi dog, but I know how many of the Ob. folks have gone through it with their Collies.
    We cherish all our pictures and mementos, but the real attachment is inside, and will last as long as we do. I'm sure you must still miss LO too, as I can still tear up over some of my toydogs 20 - 30 years on.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Look at her expression and the date and tell me that she was not ready to have the peace that she was given just a week later. And then both Ram and I were able to give her that peace. 6 years and 3 months old - that is all my girl was.

I did not know that would be the last photograph I took of her and did not see it until I started downloading pictures from my camera a few weeks later.

[​IMG]
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Ah bless her. Yes, she looks tired in that photo.
  11. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    CaroleC, Malka and 6JRT's like this.
    Here ya go :)

carole.jpg

Code: 2792
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Azz and Malka like this.
    Thank you Azz, beautifully spaced - I wondered how you were going to space it!
  13. TracyU

TracyU New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    CaroleC likes this.
    Hello! I am Oliver and I am Boo!
    20190714_184024.jpg 20190714_184024.jpg
  14. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Sweet little ones. I hope they are able to get their confidence back soon.
  15. Levismom

Levismom New Member

Name:
    Christina
    Hi from Levi 20200330_134932.jpg
  16. juliea

juliea New Member

Name:
    julie
    I'm new just now. Believe it or not I've never been on a forum before. Can't think of a better forum than one for dogs. I will post a pic of my dog, "Mitch". I looked for hisbreed on here, but aa he's a lurcher there were no results. Hopefully that will change
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  18. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I am reminded that none of us seems to use a Welcome graphic anymore. We also seem to have lost Azz, who comes up as last seen at the end of December, but hasn't posted for longer than that. I wonder whether he is OK?

To @juliea Welcome to Breedia. This was the first forum that I posted on, and I can still remember how scary it felt trying to find your way around. There is nobody who bites on here though, and we help anyone if we can. Feel free to ask for help, or just post your photos. You will find my Lurcher posts on Malka's link, - now sadly passed, but I still love a Lurcher, especially a rough coated one.
  19. juliea

juliea New Member

Name:
    julie
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thanks CaroleC. Mitch is rough coated.....half whippet, half poodle