What puts the shine to your dogs coat? Grooming

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Saz, Oct 24, 2005.

1. candie

candie New Member

Name:
    sally
    An evening primrose capsule per day:grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. zoe1969

zoe1969 New Member

Name:
    Zoe
    Sardines!!! They just love sardines! All my dogs have a lovely sheen to their coats.
  4. Fivedogpam

Fivedogpam New Member

Name:
    Pam
    I used to give all mine EPO until one of them was diagnosed with epilepsy and I discovered EPO could be a trigger for the seizures! Needless to say none of them has it now! They have sardines in oil once a week and a good diet.
  5. moetmum

moetmum New Member

Name:
    Gerry
    Mine have a natural diet and plenty of grooming. Chamois and velvet to finish. I use a Micki Mitt.
  6. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Siren is always complimented on her coat.

Not sure why it is so shiny - but she is a tad OD'd on fish. They eat the F4D kibble and have a tin of sardines between them once a day. Also a fair few fishy treats :)
  7. TabithaJ

TabithaJ New Member

Name:
    ownedbyayellowlab
    I have had compliments on Dexter's coat since I started him on one meal of Fish4Dogs every morning as well as quite a lot of tinned and fresh fish.

He has raw meat for his second meal of the day.
  8. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Nothing special...just Skinners dog food and whatever else they get, works really well for them.
  9. Zuluandnaomi

Zuluandnaomi New Member

Name:
    Naomi
    My boy is red, and for some reason everyone thinks he will be really coarse coated as he's very short haired, but they are all amazed when they stroke him and see how soft it is! His coats in great condition and I put that mainly down to Arden Grange. He also gets lots of good protein and vitamins like oily fish - sardines - twice a week and raw eggs. I also like to mix just a spoonful of extra virgin olive oil into his dry kibble.
  10. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum

Name:
    Sue
    Tripe!
    It's full of Omegas, and Merlin's coat has never looked better.
  11. wendyg1975

wendyg1975 New Member

Name:
    wendy groombridge
    Well to be honest i dont know what makes archies coat shine so much..... everywhere we go everyone always comments on how shiny his coat is and how soft it is..........

i just simply put it down to him being happy and healthy!

we vary his diet from time to time, but in the main its bakers, and sometimes he gets fed up with that so we give him winalot tinned food as he goes crazy for it.......

maybe hes just lucky to have a shiny coat lol he is very loved and very happy so i guess thats all he needs ... is to be happy and healthy tee hee
  12. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    Home-cooked diet and Yumega oil for Cherry.