What the Breed Says Discussions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Toedtoes, Dec 20, 2021.

1. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed

What the Breed Says

I have always told people that if a GSD could talk, they'd say "what do you want me to do? I want you to be happy".

I have a few others:

Border Collie - give me something to do. I will do it to the best of my ability and if I fail, just let me die.

Lab - do you like me? Do you really really like me???? Oh a ball! Catch the ball! Throw the ball! Catch the ball!

Jack Russell - I wanna have fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun!

Any others?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes likes this.
    Beagle. I smell food. Never mind the cuddles, just feed me.
    Golden Retriever. Could I help with that? Oh please, just let me help you.
    Cavalier. I love my home. I really love you Mum. I really love just sitting here with you.
    Löwchen. I can bounce off this, and I can bounce of this. I can jump on here, and .....

I won't describe my other two breed types for fear of incriminating all of them. :044:
  4. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    I love the Löwchen's talk! :)

Yeah, I forgot the beagle's talk. My Bat-dog said that all the time.

You gotta share. We'll just keep it between us...
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes likes this.
    The two rescue Lurchers were, let us say, a challenge - though I did learn to work with their triggers.
    At just eleven, I was perhaps a little young for a rescued Working Sheepdog. She did stunning club obedience, but was noise reactive and hated kids running and shrieking. She did her best to bring an end to sledging and all street sport in the Woodbank neighbourhood.
  6. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    My sibling got a Belgian Groenendael when we were kids. We used to have our younger sibling run through the park and that dog would go after her, latch on to her pant leg and take her down. ;)

When a classmate started teasing me on the bus ride home, I threatened to sic her on him. He called my bluff. I brought her out on the leash and said "sic him". He started running and she started after him - I still held the leash. That was all it took - just her name would send him running. I found it hilarious because she wasn't "going" for him at all. Had he not run, she would have just sat there.

Huskies - Boring! You humans are so dumb.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC and Toedtoes like this.
    If a half and half may join in...

Ice-cream van jingles:
    ~~~ Gotta sing - Howwwwwwwwl... [pause for breath]... Howwwwwwwwl... [pause for breath]... Howwwwwwwwl...

Telephone ringing:
    ~~~ Gotta let Mum know - Howwwwwwwwl... [pause for breath]... Howwwwwwwwl... until Mum answers!

Hearing me talking on the telephone:
    ~~~Gotta talk too - Woofeepwoofeepwoofeepwoofeepwoofeepwoofeep... and on and on and on...

Car stops outside:
    ~~~ Gotta barknonstopjustincase...

Sees her favourite man:
    ~~~ EeekEeekEeekEeekEeekEeekEeekEeekEeekEeek... Daddy's here !!!
  8. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    CaroleC and Malka like this.
    Reminds me of a documentary I once watched. An 80-something lady explained that for one day a week, she had to take her Cockatoo to birdy daycare so she could vaccuum and make phone calls.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Toedtoes and CaroleC like this.
    One of my Griffons used to answer the telephone if she got to it first. In the end I had to change it from one that sat on the telephone table to one that was fitted to the wall, so that she could not reach it.