What type of breed would 'you' create? Discussions

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Azz, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz

What type of breed would 'you' create?

If you could do it right, and had a reason (or inclination) to, what type of breed would you create or recreate, or support someone else doing so?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    I'd love to create a Witty type breed. He's the result of accidental matings so apart from the one quarter Yorkshire terrier, the rest is anyone's guess - though almost certainly all terrier.

And over the years I've known some wonderful mongrels which it would be wonderful to recreate - totally impossible, of course!
  4. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Nothing's impossible Janet :D

Btw, do you want me to change your username to Janet? The account has never been posted with so it's yours if you want it :)
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Azz and 6JRT's like this.
    Sorry but I would not want to deliberately have any desire to wish to create another breed.

I far prefer what current breeds be known as they what they are and why they are what they are, without trying to breed yet more what will be nothing more than mutts.

My opinion only.
  6. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Azz likes this.
    Yes please!
  7. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    Azz likes this.
    We have a dog at the kennels and she is a border terrier x chihuahua. She is adorable and i love borders and she was just a really ellegant one. Really took the best of both breeds (imo). If a came across one that was as good i would find it hard to say no
  8. Bitkin

Bitkin Member

Name:
    Sally
    Azz likes this.
    Some accidental matings produce the most wonderful, loving , intelligent and disease free dogs. Perhaps trying to create them deliberately would eventually lead to problems, but if I had to make a choice it would definitely include the Border Collie for intelligence, with some terrier for loyalty and that bit of sharpness, and perhaps a smattering of chocolate labrador for it's sense of plain foolishness!
  9. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Azz likes this.
    No I can't see the point in creating an designer dog, as there are enough pedigree & true Heinz 57 dogs in rescue homes as it is.
  10. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    katygeorge and Azz like this.
    I wouldn't create a new breed but would try to create a longer, fitter, healthier life for my favourite breeds. A super breed.
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    And I would love to create a breed/cross breed that will be epilepsy-free and never suffer as my beloved Pereg does.

But then I guess it is just wishful thinking and I am being rather selfish.
  12. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Bonni likes this.
    It's not being selfish to want a better life for your dog, they all deserve to be problem free.
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I know and I understand that these things happen. Sometimes genetic and sometimes, like my beloved Pereg, they just happen. Idiopathic Epilepsy. Eplipsy of no known cause/origin.

But I hate what happens to Pereg - and to all other epi dogs - and I just hate it.

You see I love Pereg more than I have ever loved any of the many dogs I have owned and loved in the past, and she is somehow special. And maybe it is because of her epilepsy?

But I think that I am selfish knowing that if she pre-deceases me, she will be the last dog to ever to share my love - and my life.
  14. Bonni

Bonni Member

Name:
    Bonni
    Very much in agreement here. Ironing out problems is a good thing to do.

I would like an off switch for Lurchers o_O